Polk Momo MM12 12" vs CV V-Max 15"

Flaming_Fox
Unregistered guest
I've got $150 to spend and I'm looking for a single sub to satisfy my RF 501. I'm going to run it at its 500 W, 4 ohm setting. The momo and the CV are the two I found (or thought were at least) most suitable for my situation.

Most of you will probably say to go with the Cerwin-Vega, but I'm scared the sub might be damaged because it has an rms rating of 400 W. I've heard and read the stroker is awesome, but the cheapest I can find one for is $380, and theres no way I can spend that. The momo is 500 W rms, by the way. I like rap music, so I'll take it a 15 incher will do me more justice.

So I'll leave you with this: a) which one would you choose if you had the choice between the two with the amp I have, or b) which sub would you go with for under $150 used primarily for rap music, and BASED on what my amp runs at (again, 500 W at a 4 ohm load).

Anonymous

i'd get a single 4 ohm stroker.

Bronze Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 55
Try to find a 15" Kicker Comp Vr for about $150. This would match your amp nicely and give you plenty of big, booming bass.

Flaming_Fox
Unregistered guest
Thanks alot for the advice, Wahl. I found a Kicker Comp VR 15" for $115 new, model number 03CVR154. Its 1000 W max, 500 W RMS. Two questions: first, is this a good deal (this isnt some really older model or whatnot). Second, the sub is DVC; is it still compatible with my amp (again, 500 W RMS at 4 ohms)?

Bronze Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 58
This is Kickers newest of their Comp Vr line. That is a great deal that you found. Just curious what is the website where you are buying it from? Make sure you get the Dual 2 Ohm model. Then wire it in series to present a 4 ohm load to your amplifier so that it will be compatible. The sub is really nice and will provide you with plenty of bass.

Flaming_Fox
Unregistered guest
Thanks again Wahl for the help:
I found the sub on pricegrabber. However, it is a 4 ohm model. After work I am going to look for the 2 ohm model of the kicker and for a 15" JL W3, which I read in another post you commenting that it was good. I'll probably decide between the two.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us