Quick question

Silver Member
Username: Vtouch06

Q-TowN, PA

Post Number: 267
what happens if your headunit says only to hookup 4ohm speakers but you hook up 2ohm speakers? wouldnt it ruin the speakers? r i heard it will sound louder then the other speaker that is 4ohm considering its 2ohm.lol because i just realized my fronts is 4ohm and my back is 2ohm...i kno its sounds like a noobish question, but just wondering.

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY USA

Post Number: 331
if your head unit cannot handle a 2ohm load then you will fry the internal amp of the head unit. putting a 2ohm speaker instead of a 4 ohm makes the head unit try and put out more power. this issue varies from head unit to head unit.

Silver Member

Q-TowN, PA

Post Number: 268
i have the pioneer premier 780mp ive had it for a month now hookd up like that....there infinity 693.7i i never noticed they where 2ohm until i lookd on the box, but also on the box itself it has a pic of a headunit n it says 4ohm with a checkmark...what does that mean?

Silver Member

Q-TowN, PA

Post Number: 269
looks like i need new rear's i already ordered the alpine components SPR-17s 6.5" for fronts now, which one is better the type r:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26%26item%3D270198398351&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017

or type s:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26%26item%3D360007172453&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=023

the type R's is only 2way but cost more, but the type S is 3way but cost less...thanks guys

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY USA

Post Number: 332
type R two way is better. two way is all you need in most applications

Silver Member

Q-TowN, PA

Post Number: 270
aight thanks bro.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4933
Running 2 ohm speakers on a HU will eventually burn out the internal amp

Lose the rears anyways, they only subtract from the overall sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us