Got ripped off, NOW what 15 sub to get?

Bronze Member
Username: Tafkam

Dayton, Oh

Post Number: 37
OK, well I took a chance on a used sub on ebay a JL audio 15w6 and when I hooked it up it rattles unless the upper left quadrant of if is pushed in slightly (happens both in and out of the box) so I assume this thing is damaged and I have learned my lesson, on to shopping for a new sub and I wanted to get some advice as to what I am considering so far.

Now my amp will go 500X1 at two ohms so I want a dual 4 ohm sub to get the max from my amp, and here is what I am considering, I know these range from 100 bucks to a little over 300 but I want to get the most bang for my buck (the max buck being about 350 with ship included)

MB QUART PWE 354 15" SUB WOOFER
Cerwin Vega 15" SUBWOOFER STROKER 15D2
Adire Audio Brahma 15" Subwoofer
MB QUART WOOFER RWE 354 15" SUB RWE354
KICKER COMP 15" CVR15 SUB

Anything look really BAD? I know the Brahma would be the best pick (at least I think) but is also the most, but if anyone has any comments about my choices so far or wants to add to my list please help!!!!

Thanks
Mike

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 154
How much did you pay for the JL?

Bronze Member

Dayton, Oh

Post Number: 38
95 bucks plus 25 shipping and insurance so 120 total

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3267
hope ya bought buyer's insurance through paypal on that. I always do on audio gear just to be safe.
Any luck with the seller?

Anyway, I'd go with the Stroker or the Brahma.
The Stroker 18" is a pretty sweet sub too.. especially if you're going with one sub in a custom ported box built to spec for teh sub.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 156
Yeah, if JL 15" subs were $95 than everybody would have a JL. Usually i cant find a 12" W6 for under $175 or so. If its to good to be true than it probably isnt true. Sorry for the loss. Follow Glasswolf he knows what to do!

Bronze Member

Dayton, Oh

Post Number: 39
I don't really blame the seller I think he was one of those people that gets stuff at yard sales and such. He left me pos feedback before I left him any, which usually does not happen when the sellers know they are shipping something that is damaged or not working right.

He had the thing wired in series, I hooked it up in parallel, he claims he had it tested ok before selling but I don't think the different wire scheme would make a difference.

Brahma huh? Ok I think I will take your advise and get that Glasswolf. I have already checked the seller on those and buyers have been happy with them. Am I really going to notice a big difference between this and say, the Kicker Comp VR? I don't doubt your word but the Brahoma is three times the price. This would be my first "high end" sub so I honestly cannot say I have heard anything to make a comparision with....Thanks to everyone for their advice so far!!!!!

Anonymous

man, just get a stroker. it'll get rid of all your worries.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us