Dummie needs help!!!

Username: Glp1954

San Dimas, Calif USA

Post Number: 1
My wife has a 2000 Expedition with a keyless remote. She also had an alarm put on at the dealership. After a little research I think that she has put this thing in valet mode some how. The problem is.....How can I get it out? The remote locks and unlocks the doors, and also the panic red button sets off the alarm. But where before the little red light on the dash would blink when the alarm was armed, it is now solid. I believe it is a clifford alarm they put on, but model, etc, I have no clue. I know my best bet is to take it back to the dealer, but thought I might take a shot here first. Does the remote dictate the valet mode? Is it a toggle switch? If so, where might it be?
Thanks

Anonymous

I am not exactly sure, but try turning on and off 3 times (not start it just on) and push the lock button on the remote it may help.

farmboy1
Unregistered guest
To return to normal operation, press and release the valet pushbutton any time the ignition is turned on.

Bronze Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 36
Ok if it is a clifford it has a coded vallet switch. Should be on the front of the dash out in the open. It has 2 buttons. One is flat the other has a * on it. Turn the key on, press the * twice then press the flat side to take it in and out of vallet. (that is the factory defualt so I sugest you change it) Or you can do it from the remote. If it is a 4 button remote press the 2 buttons on the left hand side (at the same time. If it is a 5 button remote 4 big buttons and a fith that says clifford. Press the clifford twice, and then press the door lock unlock button. I would hit the dealership up for the owners manual, or find out the model, and look on the web site.

www.clifford.com/main.asp

Cliford alarms have all kinds of setting you can change. So you can tailor it just the way you want it. But you need the book to know how to change them.

Unregistered guest
i have a 1997 geo prism with a pursuit security system and it will not shut off thru the tottle switch any help welcomed.

Bronze Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 93
Look on the battery terminal and see if the alarm is conected at the battery. If it is you should see a fuse holder a few inches down line from the battery. Try pulling the fuse out, or simply disconecting the alarms power wire. On cheap alarms this will work. You newer, and high end alarms it shouldn't, but it is worth a try.

Bronze Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 94
One more thing. If you can get to the alarms ground wire try disconecting it too.

Unregistered guest
I have a 1995 chevy s-10 pickup which i bought used from a dealership. It came with an alarm but somehow the siren was disconnected. No remote was included but a toggle switch underneath the dash can be used to arm and disarm. I had the car parked for about 2 weeks while using my other car and when I tried to turn it on, the alarm kills the starter and I cannot start.

It is a Pursuit Security System and no manual came with it.

How do I disable this stupid alarm?

Thank you in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 126
first take down panel under the stearing column, then find the "purple" wire that is cut in half that is connected to a relay. this is your starter wire, take out the relay and splice the purple(starter)wire back together. your done!

Unregistered guest
I have a 1998 Honda Prelude with a Pursuit Alarm system.

I am now unable to disarm and start the car. Is there a way to by-pass the system?
It appears to be factory installed.

Jen
Unregistered guest
I have a 1992 saturn with a pursuit alarm system. I recently had a new alternator installed and the battery recharged. Since I picked it up from the mechanic my alarm system, remote door lock and power door locks do not work. They door locks keep sounding like the are trying to lock but I can only lock them manually. Does the alarm system need to be reset. If so, how can I do this.

Unregistered guest
I am trying to change the original stereo out of a 1990 Geo Prizm and I'm looking for the color code for the original wiring harness. Any suggestions?

Unregistered guest
I am trying to change the original stereo out of a 1990 Geo Prizm and I'm looking for the color code for the original wiring harness. Any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 131
buy a wiring harness would have been done by now.

Unregistered guest
I have a 1995 Honda Accord with a dealer installed alarm. I believe it is a Pursuit Alarm. Anyway, I am having problems disabling the alarm. My battery is dead. Now when I charge the battery, the alarm goes off. I don't have the remote to disable the alarm. How can I disable the alarm so I can charge the battery. I want to disable the alarm permanently.

Satish.
Unregistered guest
Hi Mukesh, Jen, et.al.

I had this problem just today. This is how I fixed it ... (trial and error).

What you will need:
1. Your remote.
2. The alarm switch (Usually located neer the steering wheel).

Steps:
1. Connect the negative wire to the battery.
2. Connect the positive (This will cause your alarm to beep).
3. Toggle the switch near the steering wheel.
4. Press both the buttons on your remote alarm (for about 5 - 10 seconds...your neighbours might start getting upset already).
5. Press the Alarm Engage/Disengate button on your remote. This will disengage your alarm.
6. If this does not work, please redo steps 1-5 -- except this time, toggle the switch the other way.

Hope this helps.

Unregistered guest
Hi,

I am buying an used 94 accord that has problems with alarm. The alarm goes off for 5 times whenever the car door is locked. I want to know how to disable the alarm. Can somebody share their experience...
-P

Unregistered guest
a friend was changing the motor for my window and somehow he managed to set of the car alarm - i have a remote but it does not work due to being ran over with the car. how can i bypass the alarm system in order to start my car. i think it is a pursuit alarm system but not sure - the serial number on the box under my dash is 934970200010 and the FCC ID number on the back of my remote is ELVAT5B. PLEASE HELP any suggestions welcome

Unregistered guest
I have a 1997 saturn sl2. The remote to my alarm no longer works? It is a factory alarm, does anyone know how i can disable it so i can drive it to the dealer?

max2
Unregistered guest
i have a 97 nissan altima i need to jumpstart the battery but the alarm wont shut off i no longer have the remote it is a pursuit alarm and the toggle switch doesnt work
THANKS FOR ANY HELP

Unregistered guest
My car has a clifford alarm not sure what model, changed the car battery and have managed to get the alarm to turn of but now the immobiliser will not turn of - please, please help, how do I turn it off without having to resorting to cutting out the alarm? Thank you

Username: Ak1110

I have a 95 Honda Accord EX. My car can't start without me pressing the unlock button on my car key control. My battery died and I could not start the car. Is there a way to remove this function from the car permanently? Its a real nuisance.

Username: Cindylc

I have a 1995 Nissan Altima (automatic) that I bought on friday. (after my good mechanic friend took a look at it) I drove it around all weekend and besides the problems that was already aware of, it works just fine.

Monday morning the car wouldn't start. The SECURITY LIGHT keeps blinking. There is no clicking or anything when I try to start. (as if there is something keeping it from starting. The other thing is that when I bought the car it only came with a VALET KEY. Does anyone know of you can only drive the car so much on a valet ket before wi will no longer start? Does anyone know if they used the computer chips in the keys in 1995? Help!

Broken Honda
Unregistered guest
I have a 99 Accord I bought the keyless entry but the trunk release won't work is there n e one that can help me fix this?

Unregistered guest
i also have a 97 nissan altima and was trying to install a car amplifier and unhooked the battery cable now i cannot get past the alarm system to start my car please help

Anonymous

I have a 96 T-Bird with a dealer installed Pursuit alarm and remote starter system. I would like to disable it as I no longer have working key-fobs. After replacing the battery the system became armed and the car will not start.
Any help will be appreciated as it is stranded in my drive way.

Anonymous

WHERE ARE THE ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS?

Surge13890
Unregistered guest
How to Permanently disable 1998Saturn Wagon Security Alarm.

Anonymous

for the saturn i was told by the dealer that there should be a hole on the bottom of the stearing column with to reset buttons. if that dosnt work there should be two brown wires under there taht you can cut then splice to over ride the starter kill :-)

guest123
Unregistered guest
I have a Honda Civic DX 95 model with a Chapman (Code alarm system). Somehow I am not able to use the remote to disable the alarm system. Calling 1-800-Chapman is not really helpful. Can someone help me in finding and using the override button?

brownieamv
Unregistered guest
i have a 95 geo prizzm...my alarm remote got wet in the rain. hence, i cant turn off the car alarm. since the car alarm is on i cant start the car. HELP??? the dealer told me over the phone to flick the valet switch...where is it?? i have the k-9 alarm.

Unregistered guest
Hello I had a PURSUIT remote start added to my 2001 Expedition by the delearship. The problem I have is that sometimes the starter cranks but does not start. Some of the things that I have noticed a) if car does not start using remote start it will start if I just put key in ignition without turning the key b) if I use the starter in short period of time, under 8 hours it starts fine. For longer periods of time it just cranks without starting.
I have brought it back to the delearship several time but they are useless. Any idea's on how I might be able to fix this problem would be appreciated.

Username: Catalin

Surrey, BC Canada

Post Number: 3
This truck contains a factory installed immobilizer that needs to be temporarily by-passed when remotely starting. The by-pass module that's been installed is most likely faulty or the install is.
Have a look around for it or have someone repair it for you.

gluck

Username: Catalin

Surrey, BC Canada

Post Number: 4
This truck contains a factory installed immobilizer that needs to be temporarily by-passed when remotely starting. The by-pass module that's been installed is most likely faulty or the install is.
Have a look around for it or have someone repair it for you.

gluck

Anonymous

I have bought a 95 nissan altima,the previous owners lost there remote for the alarm so they just removed the security relays but you still have to remove one fuse from the fusebox every time you start the car and then put it back after the car is started to make the windows roll down. Can anyone tell me how to just completely do away with the alarm system?

Unregistered guest
I have a Pursuit remote car starter/keyless entry system on my 1994 Dodge Intrepid. I have never had a problem with it before. Last week, my car battery in died and I had it replaced. Ever since the battery was replaced, neither the remote starter nor the keyless entry will work. Does anyone know of a reset or anything similar that needs to be done???? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Unregistered guest
I have a 1996 Mercury Village with an Audiovox PSi92BT security system. Have driven with valet switch on for about three years without problems. Suddenly, car won't start and toggle switch isn't doing the trick. Don't have the remote. Any suggestions appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: 420pimp

Post Number: 68
lol to much quuastions to answer

Unregistered guest
I have a cavalier with a pursuit alarm/remote start with it, my battery died today and I jumped it, but it wont keep a charge the alarm keeps trying to go off. I never even us the thing and just want it gone. I tried taking what I thought was the alarm wire off like JeremyC posted, but the alarmw as still activated. I also tried toggling the switch under the stearing wheel but it doesnt do a thing. I want this stupid thing off already its a 98 cavalier its junk

Unregistered guest
I have a cavalier with a pursuit alarm/remote start with it, my battery died today and I jumped it, but it wont keep a charge the alarm keeps trying to go off. I never even us the thing and just want it gone. I tried taking what I thought was the alarm wire off like JeremyC posted, but the alarmw as still activated. I also tried toggling the switch under the stearing wheel but it doesnt do a thing. I want this stupid thing off already its a 98 cavalier its junk

Unregistered guest
I have a Honda Civic 2003 LX and I am trying to locate the FCC ID number for a keyless entry remote. Can somebody tell me where to locate this number. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
I got 93 nissan altima, I have not used for last 15 days. When I try to jumpstart the battery, The the alarm starts and car does start. I do not have the remote, Please let me how to stop the this alarm.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP

Anonymous

i have an 1995 altima and i would like to put 2 subwoofers in the trunk but they do not fit into so i need to take out the back seat and put it back on again after i put the subs through the car into the trunk does anyone know if i can take the seat out and put them back in without it breaking

Anonymous

i have an 1995 altima and i would like to put 2 subwoofers in the trunk but they do not fit into so i need to take out the back seat and put it back on again after i put the subs through the car into the trunk does anyone know if i can take the seat out and put them back in without it breaking

scoop
Unregistered guest
Here's how to disengage a Saturn 97 SL1 car alarm if your key fob battery dies or you lose it. Unlock your car manually with the key. It will honk. Now try to start the car (the service guys at the dealership said the car would start, it didn't for me anyway). It will honk more...ignore it. If it doesn't start, stop trying to start it and leave the key in that position (don't turn it to off). Wait 15 minutes (you can use the radio during this time to keep you company). If all is well, it will start after 15 minutes.

Unregistered guest
hey i have a delima i have a 95 jeep grand cherokee orvis edition, ive only had it 3 weeks , the alarm keeps comming on its factory and draining the battery well weve charged it and now it wont even turn over to start all the lights come on internal and external, and the stereo works fine, but no start does anybody know how to disconnect the security system so i dont have to tow it to a dealership.

Username: Avasophiasmom

Help!!!! I just bought a car and I found a little remote starter key chain thing in the glove box. It has a module under the dash. I don't know if it is hooked up. Can anyone tell me how to find out if it is hooked up or how to work it? The FCC ID is ELVAT5B. I think it is pretty old. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Bronze Member
Username: Makmillion

United States

Post Number: 14
Push button... wait... if no response from vehicle, it does not work.

:-)

Username: Duhhuh58

i have a 1996 jeep cherokee. the keyless remote broke and i've purchased a replacement. the directions with the replacement state that i need to "press and hold the programming/override button (located under the dash)". problem is, i can't find the button. help please

Username: Lslk805

Howe, IN USA

I have a 2003 Ford Windstar with a Valet remote car starter, every time I start it every light inside and out blink 30 times 3 times in a row, how do I stop this from happeining

Username: Dlatimer

Riverdale, Il USA

I just bought a 1993 Buick with a Pursuit alam in it. It was bypassing the alarm but now when i change the battery it arm itself and it wont start how can i bypass it to start my car. thank you

Username: Gcleeton

It's easy to disable a stupid Pursuit alarm - this applied to my Subaru Legacy Sedan 98 - it would not start after battery discharged and it flashed the lights and the alarm disabled the starter. I had set it in Valet Mode but it re-energised itself when the battery discharged - so I decided to rid myself of this ridiculous device.
Undo the screws holding the cover plate under the steering wheel. Near to the alarm module there are two fuses in the wiring - a blue one and an orange one. Remove them both and you will be free of the device and its remotes. The key will then only lock the driver door but if you press the interior lock switch before you close the doors then all the doors will be locked.
Gil gcleeton@hotmail.com

Post Number: 2
This doesn't work. Well it worked for a day then the car wouldn't start and was towed home. (No flashing lights this time). It started next morning but then wouldn't start in the evening and was towed again. The starter clicked but it wouldn't turn.
Maybe the relay which disables the starter has a mind of its own! Help!

Post Number: 3
I have now physically ripped out the Pursuit alarm, so we shall see what happens! Gil
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us