Ported box for a 13w7

Anonymous

I am hoping soon to buy a 13w7 and a 1000/1 amp for my blazer. I'll have the bass usually turned down tons, but I want it to have potential to be very loud. I can't find any ported boxes to buy on the internet, so I guess I'm going to have to make one.. which is very unfortunate since I have no wood working experience, likely lack proper tools, and tend to mess up hardcore on such projects. but, I'm gonna try I suppose.. so can anyone help me come up with dimensions? I have tons of available space, and I want it LOUD LOUD LOUD. and what kinda of material and tools am I facing persuing this project? oooh, and how much SQ do I lose going from sealed to ported? Thhhannks..

(ideally , I'd much rather buy a good box on the interent.. if anyone knows of any..)

Bronze Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 100
Download the W7's PDF off of www.jlaudio.com and it will give exact dimensions of the recommended box (slot ported) and tell you what to build it out of. That'll sound a lot better than a box you can buy. A good audio shop will build you one, too, it may be a bit more expensive than one you get off the internet, but you'll know it's perfect for the sub. The sealed will have a flatter response and better SQ, but JL's recommended box isn't bad for SQ at all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us