I need advise!

Mr. Guy
Unregistered guest
I have a 2001 Grand AM SE full power, im not totaly sure on the alternators output, but i believe it to be 105 amps. I just bought a 1600 watt Legacy amp to power my two AW1000Q audiobahns(1200 max; 600RMS). I also have 15 neons im putting in(underdash,underbody,trunk,...etc). Now this is far more electronic equiptment than the car is ment for im sure. What would be a good thing to add to make everything power correctly? Bigger battery, new alternator, capasitor, what? I'm asking because i never had a problem before with my previous 600watt pioneer system, but this is bigger and im not sure what im getting into. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3247
1600 watts is probably the max rating fo rthe amp.
what's the RMS power for that legacy?

best bet is leave everything as is for now.
if you experience problems like dimming lights, then worry about upgrading the charging system

Bronze Member
Username: Alpinepower

Canada

Post Number: 18
I hooked up a third amp today, and my rad blew because the electric cooling fan didn't turn on, are they related?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3352
hard to say with just that bit of information.

Username: Sparkie

Post Number: 1
I have a 2000 ford exlpoer sport, all i want to do is give it a little punch, so i chose 2 10" power base extreams dual 4 ohm voice coils, with a 1000 watt pyramid amp. my question is do i need a cap for this much power and should i use 4 or 8 gage wiring for power and ground, thanks to ne 1 for thier advice
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us