2ch amp wiring with one 2ohm dvc sub

trickfly04
Unregistered guest
Alright guys i have a 2ch amp each ch puts out 110rms at 4ohms and a 170rms at 2ohms. i have a 2ohm dvc sub can i just wire each ch to on coil and the other ch to the other coil and get 340rms out of that amp. or am i going to just get 210rms.

trickfly04
Unregistered guest
guys please help, i need to buy a amp tommorow.

Bronze Member
Username: Joe718

Post Number: 17
is the amp brigeable? if it is what load can it handle?

trickfly04
Unregistered guest
well all it says is

110x2 watts rms @ 4ohms
170x2 watts rms @ 2ohms
340 watts RMS in bridged mono mode
stereo 2 ch or brideged mono output

That is the same thing it says to the word. and if when bridged it puts a 4ohm load how do i bridged a amp i have only owned mono amps.

and what should i have my head unit on, stereo or mono

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
All you have to do is wire the sub in series to the amp that will give you a 4 ohm load since you have a 2 ohm dvc sub, heres a link to diagram that should help http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=1+woofer&WoofImp= Dual+Voice+Coil+-+2+ohms+x+2&image.x=10&image.y=8

trickfly04
Unregistered guest
will i get 340rms at 4ohms

trickfly04
Unregistered guest
okay i know how to wire the sub in sieres but how do i bridged the amp and if i bridged the amp will it be stable at 4ohms 340rms.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
if the amp said bridged rms 340 at 4 ohms you should be good to go. to bridge it to the amp usually where the speaker terminals are is says bridged right on top of the terminals and it has line poiting to far left and right terminals. 1 negative and 1 positive, or they have circles around the correct terminlas to use in brifged mode.

trickfly04
Unregistered guest
well it didn't say 340rms at 4ohms, it just said 340 rms in bridged mode. so that's what i need to know is it 4ohms bridged at 340rms.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
what is the make and model of the amp?

trickfly04
Unregistered guest
alpine MRV T-420

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 112
It'll be 4 ohms. The only way an amp is stable to a 2 ohm bridge is if the amp is 1 ohm stable itself, which it's not. Yes, you'll get 340 at 4 ohms. The amp will tell you which terminals to wire to to bridge it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us