Q15 Question

Bronze Member
Username: Rellikfl

New Port Richey, FL USA

Post Number: 29
On there site they say its 1000RMS but whats its peak? And is the extra $40 worth the BP Power Option?

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1244
Forget about peak power. If they're rated at 1000rms, then you give them 1000rms. They could handle a little more than that, but don't quote me on that.

Bronze Member

New Port Richey, FL USA

Post Number: 30
ok, thnx

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1652
You will be fine giving it 1000wrms but if you get the BP option then you should give it a lil more. I have also heard that the BP option is a waste of money but i really dont know personally.

Bronze Member

New Port Richey, FL USA

Post Number: 31
Thanx TWIZTiD

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2496
Scott said, a long time ago, that he would not put more than 1300rms on a stock Q. The BP option gives better cooling and allows for better power handling and also adds an extra spider.

Here's a descrition from Fi of what the BP option does.

"This new option adds a machined aluminum compression plug to the pole which helps channel all of the air under the dustcap around the coil for better cooling. To aid with this increased airflow we also add 6 axial cooling channels in the top plate. Along with increased thermal capacity comes the addition of an extra spider and a changed spider pack for a little extra mechanical ability.
All of these new features increase power handling from 200-500 Watts depending on the application."
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us