HOW ARE INFINTY SPEAKERS ???

Bronze Member
Username: Tpa954

Hollywood, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 64
i am about to purchase 6 1/2 6022i Infinty Reference series speakers and 6x9 9623i Infinty Reference as well are these speakers good together and how are there sound quality ???? Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Exige

Post Number: 20
what's your budget? infinity's speakers are very bright to many people's ears (including my own).

first thing is....dont buy yet. talk to us here and lets make sure you look at all your options. are the 6x9's for the back? what do you want out of your system? are you using an external amp or just the head unit? what other speakers have you listened to? what were your impressions? what kind of music do you listen to? there's a lot of stuff to sort out. fill us in a bit.

Bronze Member

Hollywood, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 66
Well i have kinda of a slim budget for right now due to the fact its the Holidays..... I Usually listen to alot of Rap(Tupac, Pastor Troy Lil John, 3-6 Mafia) Right now it is going to be running of my head unit which is 135 Out put later getting probably a Kicker 4 channel 250. As for sub woofers im running 2 15 Mmats Pro 3.0 Sub woofers off a ZX 1000.1 Kicker .6 1/2 front 6x9 Back .im getting both for 85.00 BRAND NEW . Tell me what you think now, Thanks Alot

Bronze Member

Hollywood, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 67
I want something that is going to sound good with a deep bass, so i guess kinda loud speakers would kind be good with a deep bass(Boxed tuned to 30HZ)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
my first thought is....save up more money and get some better stuff as far as the speakers are concerned.

it sounds like you've never listened to the infinity reference speakers before...is this correct? if so, you definitely need to listen before you even think about buying them.

you didn't say what your total budget was? what are we looking at right now?

my suggestion is to skip on the rear speakers. your ears barely hear them at all. when you listen to music in your car, you're listening to the front speakers. your rear speakers only provide some fill. i recommend keeping those stock and running them off the head unit. from there, i would then take that money and get a nicer set of front speakers. lastly, i would be sure to amp them....there's a tremendous difference between speakers running off a head unit and off an amp.

please provide us with more information so we can help you out better. try and answer all the questions in the first post i made. this will give us a better idea of what to look for.

Bronze Member

Hollywood, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 68
I dont wanna spend over 300 for the pair 6x9 & 6 1/2 is that amp i mentioned 250.4 Kicker a good amp ??? And im looking for a good clear sound quality .

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 930
You know for the money, Infinity isn't bad. Run down to a Circuit City or Best Buy and give them a listen.

Kicker makes good amps.

With them huge subs though I would definitely skip on the rear speakers. Get some decent comps and amp them.

What kind of car are do you have?

Bronze Member

Hollywood, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 69
I own a 2001 Jimmy 2 Door . The back is open .

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
don't get rear speakers....spend the money on the fronts.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4878
^^^^ x1000

For $300 you can get a nice set. Infinity are not that great, and the reference series are their lowest model.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 135
when you get a set of components, pair them with an amp that will easily push them. the worst thing to do is underpower and clip the amp/speakers

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 940
Do it right the first time and save the money and get it all at once. Having a $300 set of comps without an amp to power them is pointless. The head unit is probably only going to put out about 15-20 watts RMS.

If you want something relatively close to $300 for now with a good set of speakers and a decent amp
look at

http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-KX500-2-500-WATT-TWO-CHANNEL-AMPLFIER-AMP-BASS_W0QQit emZ250199547456QQihZ015QQcategoryZ39732QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIAMOND-AUDIO-D661S-6-5-D6-COMPONENT-CAR-SPEAKERS-NEW_W0QQit emZ150197859732QQihZ005QQcategoryZ32819QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just a quick suggestion.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 941
Why do people like to bash on Infinity? For like $50 you really can't do much better.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4932
Yes you can........ *cough*Alpine*cough*

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 943
The sound is in the ear of the beholder.

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Murray, KY USA

Post Number: 333
to the untrained ear, infinity is perfectly fine,

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 136
i have an "untrained ear" and i think that my infinitys are just too d@mn bright and have no mid bass... but thats just me

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
lol back when i did have an untrained ear....i had kappa 52.7i's in my car. the first word out of my passenger's mouth when i blared it was "ouch!".....needless to say, those no longer reside in my car lol. they were too damn bright for me, and too bright for other people who didnt know crap about audio.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 951
Wow. So if an ear is trained it will like the same as another trained ear. Sounds like Germany back in the 40's.

How do I train my ear to like exactly what you guys like?, because I don't want to be left out.

SHOW ME THE WAY! Please.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
im not saying you have to like what we like....but infinity is just REALLY FREAKIN BRIGHT....go with any other mainstream brand and it wont be nearly as bad for the most part....get some Polks....he'll do fine with those...or some Alpines, or some Pioneers.....but Infinity is just damnn bright.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 959
I actually have the MOMO 6.5's and I like them more, I'm just saying that having a "trained" ear will be different from person to person. There is no such thing as the best because people are not the same and will have varying opinions.

But for you to say they are bright, yes, that is a factual statement.

Silver Member

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 145
my infinity ref. components are harsh... go with some alpines
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us