First System, any input???

Silver Member
Username: 94_toy

Post Number: 124
Kinda new to this forum and so far this is wat i have cme up with for my first system. It will be going into a 94 toyota pickup extcab ( only got a 60A alternator).
SUB- 12" Resonant Engineering SE
AMP- Kicker KX400.1
SPEAKERS- Diamond Audio D6 6.5" Components or Alpine type-R 6.5 Components"
AMP- Kicker KX200.2

What do you think of this set-up, im trying to get louder then my buddy with a RF P2 12" sealed ran off of a RF P300.1 Will the 60A alternator be able to handle 600 W rms >??

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2483
I would say beautiful first system. Should sound nice. Are you going with a sealed or ported enclosure? I think you will be fine with that alternator.

Silver Member
Username: 94_toy

Post Number: 125
Ported, will the 400W rms be enough for the SE as its 600W RMS. I know kicker is underrated but it should still bump shouldnt it?

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 166
yea kicker amps are very underrated, you should atleast do a big 3, also after everything is installed and you still see dimming you should maybe upgrade your battery, but you should really put in a HO alt

Silver Member
Username: Vtouch06

Q-TowN, PiStoLvAniA

Post Number: 177
really no point in doing big 3 unless you get a HO alternator. which for that much watts your runnning you dont need an HO alternator though....

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4829
^^^^^ pretty much true. You can benefit from upgrading the battery - to chassis wire though, unless your amp is grounded directly to the battery.

And great choice of equipment.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2484
I actually believe that the Big 3 can help, even if you dont have an H/O alt. It will keep the voltage from dropping as much and keep it much more consistent.

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 854
Yea excellent system dude I've been reccomending those SE's like crazy I like the way they sound. Maybe u should get an amp tht does like 600 tho even tho the kicker amp are underratted extra power is never a bad thing. Ur subs will definitely be louder and sound better... your buddy shuda got the P3's I like them p2's suck...

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12629
good set but i agree a more powerful amp would make the sub perform as it should ....

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 999
i would give a se more than its rated for,maybe the zx 750.1 .would just keep the gain down if you got worried
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us