Diferences in single and dual sub setups

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 848
Besides cone area what are the pros and cons of these two setups. And no stupid comments like less wiring or anything like tht

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1345
WEll alot of people with Single Sub setups like to brag about how they can achieve the same as some people with dial sub setups...

lol if that means anything

Also bigger box versus little... lol Space constrictions FTL

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1401
single sub setups look cleaner IMO, and are alot more impressive when you can get as loud or louder than a pair:-)

Silver Member
Username: Vtouch06

Q-TowN, PiStoLvAniA

Post Number: 166
x2^ wit my favorite buddi theives. No hom0 lol esp when ppl say damn wtf u got in there, and u tell em like only one 15" haha.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16273
2 subs just sounds more full to me than a single sub. yes a single sub can get loud but for some reason having 2 subs just seem to make the bass more full.

i know some of you might say "chad, my single sub setup sounds really full and loud. also clean."

well go add another one the same as you have and you'll know what i am talking about.

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1333
I would say for the single sub set up being louder than a dual is skewed as 99% of the time it rests on the box design, and some people make wicked boxes.

With 3,000rms and 2 12" in a trunk I was hitting 147db. Next guy had a little Sprint with a single 12" sub, some weird aero ported box and 6krms and was hitting 154db. As for his set up, I'm willing to bet it sounds trashy on music.

In a similar set up with same subs, car and power and not some fancy box the 2 subs will come out on top.

Just a little something to pick your teeth with.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1729
i agree with Chad on this one thats why i'm gonna be running two RE SX's at half power rather then one at full power.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1408
i have been thinking about getting a second alpha:-)

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4797
One sub is more impressive when it produces massive output.

In practical terms though, more subs are better if you have the space. Take Rays case for example. By running 2 SX at half power instead of 1 at full power, he will get the same SPL, but run no risk of overheating the coils, even if his amp clips a little. (which often happens in comp. when voltage starts to drop).

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 973
lol space usually aint no diff,compare 2 sx 12 to one sx 15,not much space diff....i just want one 15 to trip ppl out when its louder than there pair lol,,my town is noobs,even one car audio shop has ppl worst than noobs running it here
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us