L7 15 box look

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 147
hey my friend bought some l715's and wants to buy a box i built the box i got is 4 cubes per chamber and tuned to 40, how wuld that sound, i know they shitty subs but

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4772
That will work fine for those subs.

Of couse it's going to sound like crap though, they're L7s. But you know that already.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 148
yea i know man as much as i told him dummie wouldnt listen, is their anything i can do for him to make them sound better besides sell them lmao, how the lowwws hit in that, what kinda of numbers can he expect from it

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4773
The low end will not be very good in that box. Then again, those subs don't have the best low end to begin with.

Those subs, in that particular box, with a decent amount of power should produce some VERY impressive SPL numbers though. Durability is the issue, L7s/L5s never seem to last very long.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 151
theyll be gettin a zx1000.1 a piece, hes got 3 red tops for battery, i tried gettin him some kinetiks =[, um what size alt he gonna need i suggested a 200 for the 2 zx1000.1's, also do you have any idea what gauge inputs are on the amp thanks M.S.

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 840
better go easy on the gains if they are getting 1200rms a piece

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4776
200 amp alternator would be great.

I believe those amps have 0 gauge inputs. You can get away with 2 gauge wire for that amp but I recommend 0 gauge to allow for future upgrades.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4777
Just set the gains correctly for 1000 watts. Those subs will take 1000, not much more than that.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 156
so jus go to that gain calculation thingy online, type in 1000 watts at 2 ohm and set the gains to what that reads, i wonder what the birth sheet is on those amps, i realli cant wait till he gets them in, i luv seeing new product lol, yea dont worry i still got about 100 feet of the 1/0 hyperflex from kicker left over from my secret install

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4782
You got it....... those amps should do ~1500 watts each, but don't give those subs that much.

Also you'll have headroom running 1000 watts to each. Always good.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 160
mhmm niice unclipped signal wish he didnt get those subs, i wanted to hook him up with 2 3515's fromDD

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 161
hey u got a link for the gain calculator i cant find mine

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4785
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/setgain.asp

Haha 3515s would have been great..... give each one 1500 watts and they'd be as loud as the L7s and own them in SQ. More $ though.

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 162
naa man theres some for 275 on ebay and 30 bucks shippin to here, he paid lik over 500 for these L7's

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4787
Haha tell your friend hes a dumbazz for me.

Although I'm sure you already have

Silver Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 164
haha yea.. he also wants to know siince the amp want be at its maxxx can he use his bass knob, i told him not to but he wont listen, and i dont know how to set the gain with the bass knob, is it any differen

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4788
Take his bass knobs away from him. Seriously.

You can't set the gain with that on there. And he will clip those subs to death if he uses bass boost.

If you can't convince him, start a thread asking whether bass knobs are a good idea and show him the responses :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us