Audiocontrol vs TL

Bronze Member
Username: Bonhamd

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 57
Hey guys...What is the difference between an Audiocontrol and a TL? I am getting my (2) 12s tested on an audiocontrol today and just wanted to know what was different. Thanks in advance.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

IM THE REAL SLIM SHADY

Post Number: 16227
just 2 different companies. it does the same thing and that is meter the db's in your ride.

now alot will say if you meter with audiocontrol, you get a bit more db's than you would with a termlab.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 1028
A TL is more accurate.

Bronze Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 58
so the AC is not very accurate? say I hit 142 on AC would TL be more like 137 or what? Is it worth my time to get this ball park reading?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7400
for us the audiocontrol has been pretty close to the termlab but that depends on the frequency and calibration from what im told....only one time was an audiocontrol of alot for us 3 db high but it was high for everyone so my guess is it was the boom stick mic they used because im sure people were hitting frequencies other than what we were for thier scores.....others will tell you that audiocontrol meters can be high up to 10 db but I have yet to see it and I wonder if its because the users are messing with the nob on the audiocontrol to create higher scores

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1497
^^ Sean covered it. I have seen an AC off by 10, then again another off by 1. Just depends on calibration.

Kevin

Bronze Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 59
Thanks guys...Is there anything I can check for or somehow have them recalibrate the AC to get the most accurate reading possible?

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 957
not many can afford a termlab tho

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

3 15 AA Havocs, Memphis 4kw!!

Post Number: 810
Met a dude working at CC yesterday who had Fi BL's and a TL meter he will let me use at no cost

Bronze Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 60
thats pretty sweet. Where do you live?

Bronze Member

Northern, Michigan USA

Post Number: 61
I want to get on the TL in the future. I am just throwing what I have in as a temporary setup. Still trying to decide on what to get in the future.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4749
I also have seen the AC meters anywhere from 1-10 db off depending on the calibration. Which makes it's reading basically useless.

The TL is always accurate as it doesn't need to be calibrated.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 446
the TL isalso cheaper then the audiocontrol. I asked for a quote on an AC and they said $1300 for the Meter and a 130db mic and $550 extra fo a 190db mic

Is here a cheaper place to get one cause i don't see how they are $1200 more then the TL( $649 for a TL and 180db mic ) and be so inaccurate.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4757
Why are you even looking for one...... its readings are useless unless you calibrate it to a TL......... and then why not just use the TL.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4758
BTW used TL meters pop up on caraudio.com classifieds from time to time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us