RCA Noise

Silver Member
Username: Kaprese

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 560
wat up guys I just got my PR2.100 amp and I was installing it today and I found out that the plugs were the RCA's goes are both broken off like someone drop the amp or something, but the thing is that it still works but it picks up every noise even when the car starts and the RCA's don't fit all the way on.

My question is could I cut off the RCA's plugs and just attach the wire directly to the RCA's Input on the amp. Any suggestions

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 561
Also there is only 1 set of RCA's on the amplifier , I tried stickin the RCA's into the slot's put it just falls back out and it picks up noise when the volume is turned low and when I crank up the car but couldn't I just strip my RCA's and use just the wires and kinda pigtie them around the RCA connectors on the amp

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1339
you could, but there goes your warranty probably

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 587
Can you solder the inputs back on. Post a pic of the amp maybe?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4350
so do the rcas fit in the amp or no? pics?

Silver Member

Walstonburg, NC USA

Post Number: 562
nah the RCA's doesn't fit in they just fall back out. The actual RCA plugin's on the amp are gone, so I was thinkin about soldering them back on or just strippin the wire on the RCA's and connecting them to the actual RCA conductors.

I WILL have pics up early tomm. morning

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1348
you could just modify it, make homemade terminals like canaan does, only use it for the amp. solder the wire inside the amp to one side of the bolt, and get an RCA adaptor or something that way you can just plug the RCAs back on as they should be. Pics would be really helpful
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us