Does any1 know?

Silver Member
Username: Vtouch06

Q-TowN, PiStoLvAniA

Post Number: 139
ok i have the Pioneer Premier Deh-p780mp headunit and i was playin around with the audio settings to make it sound better, like i put loudness on, vocals +6 and sla -2, i came across the subwoofer options it says subwoofer 1 i turn it on. then subwoofer 2 its for cut off frequencies...so i had it at 0 then i changed it to +6 and i noticed my subs sounded better and hit harder. is it ok to have it set like that? i have an hdc315 my gain is set half way on the amp, i have a kicker zx1000.1. thanks guys

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 145.2 ..., Pa Usa

Post Number: 551
turn the loudness off and leave the sub output at 6, when you set the gain the sub out should be at 0 for dmm to read correctly

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4705
^^^^^ You can do it that way if you know what your doing.

I always tell people to set gain the sub level all the way up, do the only way it can go is down and the won't clip the amp.

And you didn't set your gain did you? If you did you wouldn't have said its "half way"

Silver Member

Q-TowN, PiStoLvAniA

Post Number: 145
yea i have my gain set halfway on the amp, n the subwoofer output 2 thing on the headunit +6....

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4712
Like I said you didn't set your gain

Silver Member

Q-TowN, PiStoLvAniA

Post Number: 146
nothing never happend n i had my gain set like that for all my systems.....i was just asking about the subwoofer 2 thing it says 0 and +6 i just wanted to know what that ment cuz when i put it on +6 it sounded better....

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1319
Mines set just over half way as well...lol
I have nothing to set it by so I go by turning the music up to a "loud" volume and i set the gain on the amp to what sounds best as I can hear when it starts getting dirty and sloppy.

Plus I havn't blown a sub or amp ever and I've been going for about 6 years, while competing. So I think I've done all right so far, lol.

Silver Member

Q-TowN, PiStoLvAniA

Post Number: 148
^^thats what i go by mike.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4717
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/setgain.asp

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1343
I'd say, set the sub at +3(half way) and then set your gains to what sounds best (should be between 1/2-3/4) that way if you want, you can turn it up a bit louder every now and again

Silver Member

Q-TowN, PiStoLvAniA

Post Number: 155
aight good lookin out thieves.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us