Subwoofer damage...? you or your car?

Silver Member
Username: Tips

Post Number: 221
just wondering, but for those of you who bump some serious rms in your trunks, have any of you actually noticed a decline in your hearing? or damage to your car?

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1863
It'll do both. I know a lot of guys' cars take a lot of punishment from the bass, and I can only imagine your hearing does too. I haven't noticed, but I'm sure it happens.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 11821
Everythings gonna rattle. Trim, panels, loose bolts ect...

Cars simply weren't meant for it. You can try and prevent all the mayhem that's gonna happen to your ride with edead and such but something else will always pop up, or off so to speak lol.

You gotta love the power of bass!

Username: Erikman89

IL United States

Post Number: 3
i had some sonys in my trunk and they fried/messed up some of my cars electronics...so it wouldnt start any more. i got it fixed once and then it happened again like 2 months later

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1228
^That wasn't caused by bass. There was probably a loose wire somewhere touching something it shouldn't have been touching. Whoever installed your system is the cause of that problem.

Silver Member

Post Number: 222
actually the problem probably started off at the sony hq when they decided to make car audio.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1180
If Sony really wanted to do Car Audio, they could lol.

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 527
last week my sony's shattered my back window, and one of my ear drums and that's just one sony off of 1000watts, i'm going to add another one next week!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1395
^lmao

Silver Member
Username: Vtouch06

Q-TowN, PiStoLvAniA

Post Number: 158
rotfl @ jermey....^^^

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6909
Sony wanted to make quick profit in car audio, I'm sure they accomplished that. If not, they would've pulled the plug long time ago. They're like $hittysoft, greedy as h3ll, so if the see lot of suckers throwing money around, they both will be there. I'm sure I don't have to give examples of $hittysoft's products right?

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Admiting your an a$$ho..., Florida Usa

Post Number: 356
both for sure also been punched badly in both ears so my hearing is shi

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 983
my hearing is bad,im always like huh on the phone with it turned all the way up,only prob is next year im gonna double the watts lol

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4824
I've had to return a cell phone b/c the speaker wasnt loud enough, and get one that is known for having a loud speaker.

And I'm only 20 years old

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 991
lol subs make u hard hearing,i read anythang above 100 db's can hurt your ears,dont forget bass is hard to be heard to the human ear but it can do damage,imagine 1000 wattts or more in mids & highs

Silver Member
Username: Vtouch06

Q-TowN, PiStoLvAniA

Post Number: 178
lol sumtimes i still hear ringing in my ears...and there's gonna be rattling sumwhere in ur car regardless and something is waiting to break off...haha

Silver Member
Username: O0airjordan120o

MN US

Post Number: 240
i havnt had any probs really with my truck yet... my hearing has definetly gone to sh!t in my right ear... i took out the center fold down seat in my truck and put the sub right where you rest your arm and ported it out the top, runnin a 1000wrms memphis mojo right next to my seat.... i find myself constantly turning my head to the right so i can hear with my left ear lol. also def. hear ringing, especially when im going to bed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
damn man, thats crazy. kinda makes me not want to upgrade my sound system anymore...

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1243
In the long run, you're looking at spending more on hearing aids than you ever would on a system. My mom has them, and at over five grand a set and need to be replaced every couple years, sh!t is expensive.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12626
i never been tested but i think i dont have any hearing problems since i really dont crank music up when im IN the car - occasionally i like to park in my yard & let loose some (((((BASS))))) while im standing a distance away

oh & about stuff coming loose : hell YEA ! ...when i 1st put a good set in my ride within 3 days the RVM broke off , with various sets the upholstery in the trunk used to pop off so it order to keep it still i had to screw it into the metal ...i have some front grill & rear bumper shaking to take care of too......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us