Image dynamic (id12 D4 V.2) Help!!!

I have two of these 12 in subs and a 2000 silverado x-cab with the 3rd door. Does anyone know if they build a decent box that will fit under the back seat that sound good. Last store I went to said that the subs are to big to fit under the seat and they would sound like crap. That sounds like a bunch of BULL!!!!!I had these subs in my camaro and they are the hardest hittings subs ive ever heard. I really want to put them in my truck but I need to know if this is possible..Please Help!!!!!

well, that depends on if you want your backseats or not, it most likely can be done if you decide to take out your back seats, or dont want to use them, but i dont know about putting them under the seats, give me the dimensions and i'll see what i can put together.

Buckles
Specs for the subs are located at
http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/website/tech/data_sheet_id12d4v2.html

and I do want to put them under the seat.
Thanks

when i said demensions i meant demensions of your truck ie: how much space under seats, how wide is the space that you will have for the box etc...

Buckles
I have a bench seat with a bump in the middle, so each side can be 15" wide ( deep from front of the seat to the back), 7" tall in the back and 8 1/2" tall in the front( seat slopes backwards) and 20 1/2" long ( from side to side).
Thanks Again

Buckles
2 seperate boxes would be fine, then I could mount the amp in between them.

the recommended space for a large box if its sealed is 1 cubic foot. that should work fine, you might have to work it under there alittle bit but if you get a box thats about 7" tall, 14" wide, and 15" long, that should be right in the recommended area for space,and it should fit under the seat okay. always remember though, when building a box, make sure the surface to the back of your sub is sloped, so that you do not have cancellation issues with the bass wave.

good luck

Buckles
make sure the surface to the back of your sub is sloped????
What exactly do you mean by this. Should the box not be perfectly square and go from 7" tall to 7 1/2" tall???

Buckles
Do you recommend a solid box or a ported box? And what kind of silicone do you recommend to seal it, just regular silicone or something special.

Thanks Again.

hmmm, i'll try to show you an example.

http://www.geocities.com/xplicitblitzboi/pic.jpg

there we go, thats how it should look.

yeah, for the box, use 3/4" or 1/2" mDF wood, that way it wont flex too much. nail the box together first of course, but then use liquid nails instead of regular silicone. when you are done, use 3m spray adhesive to glue your carpet to the box.

sealed would be best in this situation, ported would be too complicated to explain.

Buckles
Your link did not work but i think i get the general idea.
Thanks Again'

http://www.geocities.com/xplicitblitzboi/subdiagram.html

try that one.

Buckles
Do you prefer to have the top and bottom secured into the sides ( nailed through the sides into the top and bottom), or vise versa.

Also if I was to build two seperate boxes could I build a platform to connect the two over the bump on the floor, to which I would mount my amp.

that might work, but it depends on how much room you have to work with.

either way of nailing would work fine. you wont be seeing it if you carpet the boxes.

Buckles
Thanks Again.

buckles
WHAT AREA ARE YOU FROM, MAYBE i COULD GET YOU TO BUILD IT FOR ME? i LIVE IN THE SACRAMENTO AREA.

( JUST WISHFUL THINKING BUT IF YOU DONT WANT TO ITS COOL)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us