Question Concerning Subwoofers

Anonymous
Yo. I know nothing much about car stereos or cars in general. ive got a load of cash to spend on the accord i just bought, and i want to buy a good subwoofer.

My question is:
Ive noticed a lot of very cool looking huge subwoofers. Will some of the heavier boxed subs slow down my car or harm the engine?

well, you have to understand that by weighing down your electrical system with a lot of high tech equipment or ICE as you may call it may cause some problems and upgrades may be needed.

you want some nice subs?

Elemental designs
Digital designs
Resonant engineering
Adire Audio
Onyx Mobile Audio
JL audio w7
Earthquake
MMATS
Diamond audio
Crystal audio

if you want more specifics on a certain brand, just email me and i will expand on each one for you.

if you need a good amp, look into these brands

JBL
JL
Kicker
Diamond
Pheonix gold
arc audio
directed
mtx
orion
PPI

it would help a great deal if you could give me some information. how much cash you have to spend, what kind of a setup you are looking for(SQ/SPL) how big your alternator is etc..

as far as the subs slowing down the car, it just depends on how big your system is. if you want, you can make it so your box is removable so you can take it out before you race. as far as actually harming the engine, that shouldnt be a problem as long as everything is installed correctly.

hit me up with an email if you want to know more
dli1314@comcast.net
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us