OMG...I'm surprized it didnt burn to the ground.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5698
I just got done w/ a Suburban that was HORRIBLE!
The guy was lucky it didnt go up in flames driving down the road.

It was supposed to be a simple HU and amp install, but NO...nothing could prepair me for what I was diving into. It looked like someone took a chainsaw to the wire harness. They had 'installed' (i use that term loosely) and alarm and HU...and wow, just wow. I should have taken pics.

I had to totally re-hardwire the harness. The 12v+ Const wire was fried...and I mean FRIED. There more t-taps and duct-tape in that dash than I have in my toolbox!

All but speakers in the car were smoked...subs were mismatched. RF P2 and a Memphis M3...RF bd501. But they actually played, to my surprize.

So, moral of the story:
PLEASE...Don't let friends install while high/drunk/trippin/stupid.

Oh, better yet...just don't let 'friends' that 'know' whats up w/ audio do your install...period.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2199
i love seein systems that "my dude" or "my boy" installed

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5625
when my girlfriend bought one of her cars it had a HU and crappy sony speakers. so i bought her a new HU and some new speakers and when i put them in all the connections were covered in tin foil instead of like electrical tape

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1255
^LMAO

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1514
I wont even make a connection in electrical tape. I only use butt connectors or solder. people will do anything to save a buckor 5 mins. I would never let someone else touch my car w/out many references...

Bronze Member
Username: Fred_sanford

Huntsville, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 63
i had a guy come in the parts store i work for to get a battery and his power wire was a orange extension cord! not only that but he had the wire taped to the battery with duct tape.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1515
I wont even make a connection in JUST electrical tape**

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 790
for me i will ONLY solder, sometimes i heat shrink over the solder but then eletrical tape.

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 933
The only reason I wouldn't solder is if I'm angry at the person whos install I'm doing. Only thing I do is solder and shrink-rap tubing. Sometimes I even solder, shrink, then zip-cord. Got to keep it clean!
Hell, I've even been soldering my 1/0 connections lately:Upload

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 917
lol i had a friend that had somethang like that,wires were everywhere,tweeters wires hanging all over his jeep,like touching your head,sub only had one voice coil hooked up,they dvc.amp was a old kole audio 1800 watt,id tell ya what he was running it at but he didnt know a thang aboiut his subs,except they hit,doubt he used a wire harness for the headunit,other friend has a install just as crazy,about every friend i have that has a system just bout stuff and hooked it up,didnt know what ohm there subs was or nothang.one of them tried selling me a old kenwood 2 channel amp that was bridged 4 ohm stable,and he ran 2 svc 4 ohm subs on it for like 4 months till he tried selling it to me and screwing me over,than another bridged 2 ohm ohm when the amp is not 2 ohm stable bridged.ppl dont care
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us