AMP CUUTING OUT PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE FULL INFO ON EVERTHING

Username: Iluvit88

Post Number: 1
I have a problem with my amp I have a 4000 watt lanzar amp and two 12 in Rockford p2's before I put in the new amp I had a performance technique 800watt and it would bump perfectly no cut outs but about a couple days ago I put in this new amp and it started to turn on the protection after a couple of mins with the bass all the way up and sometimes low the only way to get the bass back on is to turn off the car and turn it back on I thought the power wire was the problem so I rewired with 4 gauge do you think I need a capacitor I used to have 1 but found no use for it but maybe I need it now since more wattage will YOU PLEASE HELP ME TAHNKS A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Fred_sanford

Huntsville, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 59
don't bother with the cap. they are near useless. what ohm load are the p2s? are they bridged?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4580
" I have a 4000 watt lanzar amp "

First problem. vibe series right? Those amps are crap, and that 4000 is basically a number they pulled out of the air. If I remember correctly I think those amps do about 800 watts.

" with the bass all the way up "

Second problem. Bass boost should never be used, let alone be all the way up. Get rid of the BB and that alone may fix the problem.

And fred is right about the cap.

Post Number: 2
tehy are 4ohm and no the amp is not bridged should i bridge it? i didnt think i had to since the p2's don put out more than 300 watts rms and 500 watts peak power

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 849
dont bridge them i doubt that amp is 2 ohm stable,leave each sub with its own channel

Post Number: 3
thats what i did and i took off the the bass booster and it still cut out mostly if i press then next track or mute or it will just cut out should i return the amp???

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 872
if u went threw and check all the wiring yes,is the amp just cutting out?it may be your fuse holder,i had a junky one and it wouldnt let but so much power pass threw to the amp and it would cut it off,try taking the fuse out and puting it back in,sounds like the fuse holder imo

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1426
I'd bridge the amp and wire the subs like this.
Upload
That gives you a 4 ohm load which should allow it to give each sub around 400w. I would keep the gain no more than 1/2.
If you still have the shut down problems the next step I would take is use a dmm to verify your voltage at the amp terminals is staying near or above 13v.
If that's good - chalk it up to a bad amp.

Post Number: 4
i did all that i jus bought a new battery so ima see how it plays out i wont be surprosed if it still doesnt work i appreciate the tips does any1 know how to install flip down monitors??? in a tahoe i need the info for a install of mine thsnks alot
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us