How good is the sq of an indash dvd player?

Silver Member
Username: Tips

Post Number: 213
I was wondering how the in dash dvd players compare to regular head units compared to the sq? Are they just as good?

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 225
low level dvd players like jensen have shi**y pre outs, friend just got one, had 2V pre outs, whereas my premier hu has 4V. I dont know about the higher-level ones but I would imagine they would be good sq...get what you pay for ya know

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
so what should i look for in a hu for sq? the amount of volts the preouts have? obviously the rms doesnt matter cause ill be running amps.

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 226
thats usually what I base my opinions on, because it refers to how clean of a signal are being sent to the speakers...correct me if im wrong. I believe stock hu's are usually around 2V. So yea imo, the better the preouts, the better sq. just my .02 bud, =)

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4568
Preamp output voltage makes very little difference.

Quality of the unit matters much more. Its the same as buying anything else, buy a good brand not a crap brand (jensen, dual, pyle, etc).

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5537
yeah, you wont hear any difference between 2 or 4v preouts imo. i'd do what m.s. said, look into brands first, then look at the eqs' available on the model you like.

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

I Got More Watts Then ..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 2348
the jensen i have doesnt suck, just get the right one..

Silver Member
Username: Vtouch06

Q-TowN, PiStoLvAniA

Post Number: 117
^^^thats in your opinion though. lol...jensen tvs usually suck with SQ...

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
I currently own an alpine 9847. and i know alpine is a good sq reliable brand. but what difference would it make in the sq of my system if i upgraded to a alpine 9887? would it be noticeable/worth it?

Silver Member

Q-TowN, PiStoLvAniA

Post Number: 118
prob not, that model alpine 9887 may just have a lil bit more features but ill doubt you'll notice a SQ difference.

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
I'm going to be upgrading a new system, mostly cause most of my stuff is entry level equipment, but I'm not sure if i should change my alpine 9847 HU. Is there an HU i can upgrade to that will make a difference in sq? or should i just save my money?

Silver Member

Q-TowN, PiStoLvAniA

Post Number: 120
well if your satisfied with how the 9847 HU sounds i would just keep that and save your money IMO. because sometimes when you upgrade to newer things you wish you kept your older equipments sometimes. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us