RD Classics & Sonance

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 534
Which sub is better for SQ, assuming both are have their optimal enclosures and power. Will the sonance get much louder? How much power should they be fed?

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3182
the sonance takes a little more power 750-1000 and is built for low end bass performance. im sure it has great sq. the classic has great sq requires a tad less power and i believe is the lesser exp. of the two. either way is good. imo id go sonance. 1cu ft and your good. =) maybe 2 ported. =)

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 540
Will probably do the sonance then. I need something that will sound amazing and get descent loud too, but more sq than anything. Would 800-900 watts in a sealed box be too much power?

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3184
no that sounds about perfect. =)

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7590
Hey Hunter, what can you tell me about the Classics besides the fact they are geared more toward SQ?
You rep RD so I figured you would know best besides Kevin and Steve and all them. If you don't know anything, no biggie.

Silver Member

Illinois United States

Post Number: 542
What type of results would i get if I was to do .75cf or 1.25, jw??

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1177
Are you looking for a pair/multiple subs or just a single sub setup? I prefer single sub setups, that's why I was asking.

but really, a pair of classics on ~1000wrms is a great combo and seems to be selling really well

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7593
If that was to me Thieves....I would be looking for a pair off 1k. One sub, two subs, ten subs, doesn't matter to me as long as it does what I want.

I'm just looking for more info on them. I'm in the process of finding new sh1t. And right now, it does not look to great for me getting a new alt so its looking like I'll be staying under 1k for a while.

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3185
tthe classic has great performance in all the way around. a great budget woofer and would be awesome as a pair on 1k. remember kevin had 2 12s and was bass racing at 139 off of 1k. not too shabby.

i think the elite sq would still be something great to consider. steve and i talked about them and he was telling me that they got very loud and had great sound quality.

and the sonance would be great in 1.25cu ft. =)

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3186
tthe classic has great performance in all the way around. a great budget woofer and would be awesome as a pair on 1k. remember kevin had 2 12s and was bass racing at 139 off of 1k. not too shabby.

i think the elite sq would still be something great to consider. steve and i talked about them and he was telling me that they got very loud and had great sound quality.

and the sonance would be great in 1.25cu ft. =)

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1180
^x2 on the new elite sq.

yanks, right now I have one of the old 12" alphas (v1)...looking to get a pair since I'm short on cash and just run them off of my RD1000.1, right now just the single and it sounds great as a single sub setup. it definitely gets louder than the setups I used to have(although that might not say much), but is louder than most dual sub setups i've heard at certain hz. Like hunter said though, kevin had the classics and was pounding. when I get more money, I'm looking to maybe run 4 10" classics s4 off of ~2k wrms.

btw Yanks, that offer for my amp is still on the table if you are considering lol. :-)

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7597
I certainly am still considering Thieves. Two classics would work well of it. Who knows what will happen bud.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1187
well like I said, a pair of classics off of a saz 1000 or rd1000.1 seems to be the combo for alot of peeps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us