Back to the drawing board! ughh time is of the essence

Silver Member
Username: Moorezy

St. Catharines, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 169
So i just setup my new stuff which consists of.. a hifonics 1606D, kicker 1/0 gauge wire kit, big 3, new H.O alternator from db electrical, four pioneer premiere TS-1207D2 wired to 1 ohm. And of course i had already built my enclosure.. or so i thought... i install everything... i play music... and the subs.. move... but sound seriously wack. like not loud at all.. so right away im like okay. settings on amps. i fool with gain just a little. they get a little louder.. but no air is coming from my port.. 5" wide 25" deep 14.5" high.. i eliminate electrical problems after checking ground and cables. so i narrow it down to my box. or the position of my subs from a friend at a local car audio shop. He thinks the box is too large. or port volume is too much. I disagree on the box size. but i do agree with the subwoofer position and port volume for that box. long story short i am going to have to build another box. I wanted some imput on the volume..tuning or if someone could do a design box for me that would be awesome. the dimensions i can work with are 14" tall, 27" wide and 37" wide.

Here are pics of the old box.
Upload
Upload
Upload

As you can see the way the subwoofers are facing we were thinking it was canceling the sound or whatever. so in this design i would probably be aiming for all four facing up port towards trunk. Any help would be great i want to get this new box made and i want to be slamming in a few days:-):-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 170
Also i can play with the width it could go from 27"-30" Another issue we thought was that the actually internal volume was too square again making the subwoofers act funny

Bronze Member
Username: Jandrew007

Suwanee, Ga United States

Post Number: 19
Fisher customs can design the box and even make the correct cuts for you and send the wood to you for you to assemble. They will also design the box in autocad and sell you the plans and cut sheets....look

http://fishercustoms.com/services.html

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4289
i don't think its the box.. sure it was wired to 1 ohm?

whats the rms on those subs btw

Silver Member
Username: Santa_fe

02 Hyundia Santa Fe, 120.3 db not...

Post Number: 434
i agree whit jack....dub check you wiring....again...make sure it was 1 ohm...cuz u would get some cancel but not enough get have no air movement from the port...dident driving have a box kinda like that???? hmm ask driving reckless i think he had a box similar

Bronze Member
Username: Fred_sanford

Huntsville, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 49
I had the same problem with a friends system(i know,surprise, I got friends)with his 2 pioneer 10s. the + and - were marked backwards on 1 of the subs causing them to be wired out of phase . I would try the old battery test before building a new box!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4559
Yeah you're not supposed to build a box with subs on different sides........ but I guess you didn't know that.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4293
don't really matter.. either way hell get cancellation even if they are all on the same plane..

use a DMM and test the final load.. i really think something is up with the wiring.. unless a sub is mislabeled.. or you have d4s and not d2s :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 171
the wiring is correct i used a meter to test. and they are its 1 ohm load. like my port is just one straight piece. no L shape. i think it might be something to do with port length and port volume. and the cancelation. like i said. there is no air coming from port. and the subwoofers are full excursion. just doesnt sound right. im powering 350 each maybe more ^^^ i say hifonics 1606D above and i have big 3 and 200amp alt. More or less im building a new box and i need some input for designs this is what i came up with so far.

Upload

That gives each sub 1.75 cubic foot each. i dont know the tuning im guessing 32-34 because i got the volume from kicker cvr12 specs of 12.5"x2.5"x20" and multiplied that volume by 4.

Silver Member

Post Number: 172
that box is 37" long 28" deep and 14" tall btw ( the one in sketchup )

Silver Member

Post Number: 173
bump

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7370
"the subwoofers are full excursion. just doesnt sound right."

your getting cancellation... its possible even without having the wires mixed up.. definately get the subs on the same plane
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us