Box Plans for 12" L7.....

Silver Member
Username: Vc23

Ascendant Audio, 15 Havoc...... U.s.a

Post Number: 226
so this is going in the back of a jeep grand cherokee.. its for a friend but he wants some plans... 2.5 cu.ft and what would be the best tuning for an l7.... dont know... but if someone wants to input some numbers and give me a plan on that subwoofertools.com website that would be really appreciated....

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 816
give us some dimensions like how wide or tall it can be. also what you want it tuned to. port facing up or down etc.

ill help ya :P

Silver Member

Post Number: 227
well he wants it 2.5 cubic feet... either 32 or 34hz.. i was thinkin either 15x20x whatever deep it has to be.... sub up port back

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 820
this is a newer l7 right? i can't seem to find the woofers displacement. i read somewhere .17 but that doesn't sound right..

also, is a:
30'' wide
15'' tall
17'' deep
box going to fit? i know those jeeps have a lot of room but i was just wondering if the 30inches wide was too wide to fit in the back

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 822
heres what i have so far:
ill upload more pics of the box finished or if you have sketchup by google ill just give you the skp file

http://subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=28&Eh=15&Dia=7&Xmax=14.1&Vd=.17&NumW=1&Vb=2.5&Fb=34&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

Upload

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 824
The box is:
2.5cuft, tuned 34hz
28 wide x 15 tall x 18.25 deep

Hope you like it!

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 221
nice work

Silver Member

Post Number: 222
jesse could you do that same thing for me for a box about 1.5ft^3 tuned to 34-35hz. The max I can do is 13-14"H and 16"D, I was hoping for 23-24"W but whatever works. I have an eclipse hatch, you think I should do sub up port back? or both facing trunk? Thanks man

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 826
yeah give me a minute my girl just got home so im gonna hang out w/ her

ill just post it in this thread after i do it

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
Sorry I forgot to say that it is a 12" RE sx...displacement of .16ft^3 and xmax of 22mm i believe. Thanks I appreciate it, whenever you get the chance

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4566
If he didn't buy that sub already tell him not to.

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 829
nicky, are you sure those are the maximum dimensions? i cant get a good looking box with only 1.5 cuft and those dimensions.

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 830
http://subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=24&Eh=15&Dia=6&Xmax=22&Vd=.16& NumW=1&Vb=1.5&Fb=35&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

see :-( and the box is still too big

Silver Member

Post Number: 228
i know i wanted to get a box that wasnt going to take up my entire trunk but hey, its gotta be what its gotta be thanks tho

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
hey man thanks alot... you really do nice work on the whole designing aspect... i will now use these plans and post a build log.... haha wont start it till a week or so

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
yea let me know how that comes out vc, my friend wants to do the same thing with his l7, can get some help with those pics.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7377
"I have an eclipse hatch, you think I should do sub up port back? or both facing trunk? Thanks man"

if its anything like my buddies old integra hatch sub up port up should work well....he hit 142 db in a daily box tuned to 38 hz with a volfenhag 4812 on about 900 rms

Silver Member

Post Number: 230
really i had an integra hatch as my first car, it is pretty similar actually. practically the same..did he have the piece that clips on to hide the trunk?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7379
no

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1821
I had a 12" L7 in a 2.5cuft @ 32hz. It sounded very good for an L7...JMO

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1685
i had mine tuned to 38 hz and loved them but they did lack sq now i'm gonna go another route and try out and RE SX and see how bad the L7s sq really is compared to other subs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us