Paul Larrea (Spelling)

Silver Member
Username: Santa_fe

02 Hyundia Santa Fe, 120.3 db not...

Post Number: 429
i just read that your an engineer.....well thats what im in school for.....but im in for environmenttal enginerring...what math did u have to tkae up to?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 11664
I'm a truss engineer, not a PE. I'm certified by the WTCA (Wood Truss Council of America). My math involves trig mostly, some algebra. I design trusses to withstand certain moment, shear and load forces within the truss's chords and webs.

I do have to factor in some enviornmental conditions such as wind, snow, seismic and construction loads into my designs. The enviornmental side of my job is location dependant, as different areas experience different enviornmental conditions.

You see, Chad and Brad don't have to worry about snow loads on their trusses as they rarely see it, yet seismic plays a roll for them because of all the shaky shaky that goes on out there.

Mat Dope and driving don't care about snow either but have to take into consideration hurricane force winds into their designs.

Those up north like Longo and Charlie have snow loading up the azz to worry about lol.

Silver Member
Username: Santa_fe

02 Hyundia Santa Fe, 120.3 db not...

Post Number: 430
so did you have to get a degree in engineering?? I may change to civil...a little easier and more jobs.....

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11667
No but it helps and you will definately get a higher paying job with a degree. PE's in my state make $90,000+/year. I'm certified by the WTCA, not licensed by the state. All my work has to get sealed by a licensed PE who is registered in the state in which my trusses are to be used. My company uses Mitek for these services and pays a pretty penny for it.

Silver Member
Username: Shak180

Hayward, California Usa

Post Number: 111
so how much do you make a year paul ?

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3176
whats a truss? like a chocalate trussle? lol. jk. (i know its a truffle)tyi!

or like *"paul had to trussle his wood before bed.*"

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11670
"so how much do you make a year paul ?"

My first job I was 16 and I made $4/hr. I busted my azz on a hot roof for $4/hr. Worked my way up in construction and in 5 years I doubled that number. Got sick of the elements and moved into the truss business and doubled THAT number. Now I have a professional job working with blueprints and a computer and have doubled that number again in salary equivalent.

Multiply that by the (Cost of living in Jersey) factor and you have an average lifestyle.

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 418
32/hr?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us