Box Suggestions

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2177
Alright, i'm thinking about running three Diamond D310s so i called diamond to get rec. box sizes. (I know very little about ported boxes, if anything at all to be honest, ive always been sealed)

the tech told me they recommend just 1 cu. ft. per woofer (little small, but keep in mind its a 400 rms 10")

he also told me i should i have one 3" port, 8.25 inches long which confused what little knowledge i have (was he talking aeros?)

and he said the d310s are tuned at 45 hz and "play down" to 37 hz...

soooo.....

can someone help me out with some good sites to read up on ported boxes etc. or maybe help me with some type of box design i was gonna go for like woofer and port faced back going for 20% spl and 80% sq box should be like 37" wide, height and depth don't matter goin in a Jeep Cherokee...i was thinkin sub above the port and it's for three again...

i'm goin ported bc recently i almost feel as if my subs are sounding like i'm choking them and i'm up for a change so ill test and see if i like it...

any help would be great...i tried finding other specs but i couldnt find em anywhere...Diamond D310D4 is the sub model...

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 435
I've built a pretty good sounding 3 12" box tuned to 35Hz for my jeep cherokee sport. Try a box

Here is a box for 3 tens

36"L x 10" H x 20" W

port 13"L x 8.5" H x 5" W

Silver Member

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 436
Thats 3 cu^ft tuned to 44 hz

put the port on the 10" side facing the back of your jeep... and put the tens in a trinagle shape on the top

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2180
is there anyway you could draw a pic of that...i know absolutely nothing about ported boxes

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2181
bump

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2182
other than eddy, you fluckers are absolutely no help...

:-)

Silver Member

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 437
i accually drew a picture with that first post but it was too big to post and i was at work so i didn't have time to resize.

Silver Member

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 438
Upload

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2183
will that leave enough room between my tailgate and the port? i know there has to be some room and i'm sure theres like a foot but i just wanna make sure... and then do i need to brace that or anything?

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2184
what did your box for the 3 12s look like maybe ill just do 12s instead, post a pic if ya got one thanks man!!!

Silver Member

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 439
my 12 box was the same setum bux more airspace. 7.5cu^ft tuned to 36Hz

Silver Member

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 440
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4288
nice box.. but not so very nice cutouts :P

i'd go 3^3ft after displacement tuned to 35hz with 48 square inches of port

you can use this to design it.. http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp

Silver Member

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 441
yeah lol i did it with a dull jigsaw blade. Now i use a router and a 3 fluke spirial upcut. Much easier.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us