I found the problem

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 16046
i found the problem with my car now. it is the power steering pump.

how do i know?

well yesterday i checked the power steering fluid level and it seemed low so i put some in. this morning when i started the car, it made the noise again so i opened the hood. the fluid was over flowing and coming out.

also i did a google search on honda power steering pump and came across a forum. there are guys with the same symptoms and it was fixed with replacing the power steering pump.

anyways how much should i expect to pay at the mechanics?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4539
On a honda (any import car for that matter) that could wind up being a $400+ job depending on how it's built (how long the job takes).

Most of that is labor of course but remember the stealership will cost more than a regular shop as they will only use genuine parts, in your case Honda parts.

I recently put a new water pump on my truck...... it cost me $60 and a day of my time. Thats on a chevy though, I wouldn't like to do one of those on like a honda engine.

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 808
that sucks chad. i'm going to be cleaning the throttle body on my girlfriends car yay

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4540
BTW water pump must be a trouble spot with that engine....... they arent supposed to break after 38k miles.

Hell the one I replaced was as old as the truck, 170k miles and 13 years........

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1322
buy a steering pump urself and put it on...

it will take time... but if u got $ just have someone else do it if you dont want the learning experience :P

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

2008 Nissan Versa!!, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2236
ya i had the same thing happen to my durango and it cost like 200 to get it replaced

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 16049
i had the mechanic take a look and he told me the steering wheel pump is fine. he said it could be the rack and pinion. oh well. he told me the best bet is to just let it go until it gets worse cause he couldn't find nothing wrong with my car.

oh and the steering wheel overflowed cause i topped it off. lol. noob.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 16050
btw thanks guys. i know i've been starting a few threads about this lately. thanks for your patience.

i am just so frustrated thats all.

its just weird how the sound went away after i changed the belt and then it comes back a week later. should i get a shorter belt? i asked dom from iraggi about it and he told me i should get a belt that was .5 inch shorter since my alt pulley is smaller than the stock alt pulley.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6239
"BTW water pump must be a trouble spot with that engine....... they arent supposed to break after 38k miles.

Hell the one I replaced was as old as the truck, 170k miles and 13 years........"

Why are you talking about a water pump? Did I miss something?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4549
Nah you didnt miss nothin. Water pump and power sterring pump are a similar amount of work usually, thats why I was relating to when I did mine........

then in the 2nd post I forgot that chad said it was power steering pump on his.

reading > me

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6244
I'd much rather change a water pump than a power steering pump. Then again, some cars are a b1tch to work on.It can be easier for either one at times.

"dom from iraggi about it and he told me i should get a belt that was .5 inch shorter since my alt pulley is smaller than the stock alt pulley."

I would imagine that the belt tensioner would compensate for that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us