Box for 15 behind 3rd row seat

Silver Member
Username: 30hrtz

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 139
im building a box tomorrow and thur for a friend w a durango/3rd row seat.i got o.d. 43 wide 15.5 high and 15.5 deep to work with.its my old sub so i got air space and port demensions fine. i want advice from suv peeps on sub and port placement.cant do sub back at all.box will be samiched between seat and hatch.sub will be up.should port be up also or to the side or REAR firing,(that seems to be most popular)but will be tricky to build.kinduv an exterior "L"shaped slot port off the side firing back,that was the original plan,but will that be the best?sub up port up will be easiest,but i want the best deepest sound.porting to 32hz.any and all help and suggestions will be appriciated and considered.thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 145.2 ..., Pa Usa

Post Number: 514
most suv like sub up port rear

Silver Member

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 140
thanks scott,you would know.and it is an aq2.5 15,i'll do the original design i had w/sub up and port back off the side of box.

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 145.2 ..., Pa Usa

Post Number: 516
no problem hit me up if you need any help

Silver Member

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 143
box is built.came out exactly as designed,cool.i think its tuned to 40 but not sure,any help......3cubes after port and sub disp.54in of port area 24 inches long,aq says 16in of port pcf,i got a tad more,guess that accounts for more length.anybody got a port calc yhat comes up diff. or is that it.box is drying atleast till thur nite so im kinda wonderin how itll sound.i know its min space for a 15 but its what he wanted.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us