What Type Of Wiring?

Bronze Member
Username: Comerz

Post Number: 53
i just ordered up the bxi 1606D amp and 2 alpine type R 12 inch 4 ohm subs.

I am wondering what type of wiring kit will i need? I remember reading ont he specs of the sub it said gold oversized 2 aguge wire or sumtin.

Is this what im looking for, and hat type?

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 645
Get a kicker 4 guage wiring kit and you should set. If you plan on upgrading anytime soon I would just go ahead and get a kicker pkd1 off ebay for like 87 shipped I think great amp kit. If neither of those work for you try www.knukonceptz.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
o ok, i thought wiring kits were like $200.

Is that all i need for wiring? That + speaker wire?

Silver Member

Post Number: 646
Yea and like 10 gauge speaker wire and you should be set your just running 1 amp right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
yea 1 amp, and 2 4 ohm alpine type R 12" subs.

whats the different between the gauges? like why kicker 4 guage wiring kit and not 1 gauge?

Silver Member

Post Number: 654
The different size gauges are for different power requirements 4 guage is good up to 1500 watts if you have quality 4 guage wiring anything above you should get 1/0 guage etc. Like I said you will be good with 4 guage but if you plan on upgrading I would just go ahead and get the 0 guage kit now and be done with it. Its a very nice kit I just bought one comes with distribution blocks and everything in case your running more than 1 amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
well im gunna be running about 1500 rms watts, but about 3000 watts to power both the subs. SO i should get 1/0 guage then.

If so, is Kicker 05PKD1 1/0 guage amp kit good?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5483
3000w to power what pair of subs?

Silver Member

Post Number: 655
Yea get it off ebay its great wire dude def for the price. If that's not enough strands you can check out the knukonceptz kollosus wire which is always out of stock. But I think you would be best to get the kicker pkd1 off ebay

Silver Member

Post Number: 656
Yea ur not going to be givin type r's 3k I think 1500 is about max maybe 800 rms each would be the most bcuz they are only 500 rms

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A

Post Number: 357
he add the rms up?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5484
no, think he added the max rating. give each r 700-900wrms (safely though) and you'll be more than happy with them.

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A

Post Number: 358
type r's are nice sub's but i would love to have 15"

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
SO the amp im getting calls for 1600 rms, which is a lil overrated, so basically, i should be able to have that amp maxed out and not hurt the subs right? Or will i have to set the gains.

if I have the amp maxed out, it will be giving each sub about 750 rms watts, in total, giving around 1500 rms watts, which is probably the amps true power.

so will this all work out without having to set gains and stuff?

Silver Member

Post Number: 662
You should never have your amp "maxed out" and you always have to set your gains go to 12volt.com and read up about gain setting if you don't think you can do it take it to your local car audio place thts what I do bcuz I'm sure u would hate 2 fry your stuff u worked hard to buy bcuz of a stupid error tht u make. Key rule to learn don't use your gain as a volume control and always keep the bass boost off.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us