Kicker Cvx question

Username: Kingjames559

Post Number: 3
i have a chevy silverado 06 crew cab. Right now i have two 10 inch kicker cvr's and im looking for a little upgrade. i was thinking about the kicker cvx, do you guys think that it would be a noticable upgrade. the subs are located behind my backseats so do you guys think the 2 10 cvx's will fit in the same box? the kicker cvx mount depth is 5-15-16 inch while the cvr is 5-7-16 inch so its not too much bigger. should i go for it?

Silver Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 172
You'll notice the difference with more power! And as far as droppin'em in the same box... If it's ported, put some Polyfil in the box just incase. You don't wanna choke the speaker. If it's sealed, put Polyfil in the box also.

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2593
CVXs blow

my 1 HD3 on the same power as 2 12 CVXs dominated the CVXs.

And dont say it was the install because both boxes were designed by professionals on this forum.

Post Number: 4
ok will i want to get the cvx's because right now my subs together max out at 1200 watts (600rms) and the cvx's max out at 2400 watts (1200rms) What is polyfil and how would i use it? im not sure if it is a sealed box is their any way i can out a picture of my box in this forum? its a wooden box that goes all along behind my backseat so their is a lot of airspace.

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 842
dnt get a cvx, my cousin had one running off the zx1000.1 and it blew the 2nd week...get something else man...

Post Number: 5
what else do you guys think i should get that would fit in my same box? it has to be able to it behind my backseat. the magnet also cant be really big

Post Number: 6
bump

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 503
Hmm, type r's maybe? I dont think they need very big boxes. How big is you box, Im guessing its a sealed box?

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 252
cvrs to cvxs wouldnt really constitute a viable upgrade IMO...budget?

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 904
peak power means nothing. refer to power in only rms...

Post Number: 7
i can get two kicker cvx from ebay for about 280. the thing is they need to fit in the box that i have my kicker cvr's in. are their any other 10 inch subs out their that are really good and will fit?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7231
keep in mind that the cvrs are alil louder than teh cvx your just going to get cleaner sound.

Post Number: 8
are they really?? i thought the CVX is a much more powerful sub than the CVR

Post Number: 9
bump

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5485
he's got it backwards, the cvxs' are louder than the cvrs'. cvx isn't that bad a sub, so long as you don't pay msrp on it. what is the max space you have to work with, you can do better.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13291
all im gonna say is that my cvx 15 is louder then my Fi Q 15 on the same amount of power (sx1250.1) and the sq is not noticeable at all

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 253
cvx build quality is also superior, but u pay for it.

Post Number: 10
i can get them for a real good price but i dont want to get them and then they dont fit into my space, i think ill go to a local dealer and have them check it out if i have enough space in my truck.

Silver Member
Username: Loudblazer

El reno, Ok

Post Number: 251
i have heard 2 12 cvx in a crew cab dodge ram with a 2500 kicker amp and i was not impressed at all.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2362
Do you know what size the enclosure size was and the tuning? I had a pair of 12's in a small prefab and they were shitty. They missed frequencies and beats. I had a custom enclosure made for them that was 4.3CuFt tuned to 32 Hz and was actually impressed with them...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
12 in a crew cab is going to sound shitty because he must have a box that is wayyyy to small. im thinking the 10's that i want might not fit but 12's is out of the question. im probably going to go to a local dealer and ask about the 2 10 inch cvx's and see if they will fit ill let you guys know! hopefully these subs will pound
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us