Anyone else have this problem

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4411
When it's very cold outside, i.e. yesterday it was 6 degrees....... yeah. When I start up my car my HU display says "Low Temp" and the HU will behave erratically..... it will turn on but sometimes wont respond to the buttons and the display can just go blank........ until the car is warmed up a little and the heat is on. Then its fine.

It's a JVC KD-AR880 and this is the first winter since I've had it.

Just wanted to know has anyone else had this happen?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15937
well living in southern cali, it never gets colder than 50 degrees. but i have read alot of posts in the past about people having the same problem. so you are not alone on this my good friend.

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 837
i have the pioneer premier DEH-780MP and never had a problem with it at all in the winter i can come in my car in a cold mornin and play everything loudly even my subs and speakers.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4412
Ah good to know it's not just me......... Chris have you tried it in like single digit temps though?

I just looked up the manual and one of the specs is:

Operating temperature: 32F-104F

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 978
yeah mine has gets slow when it gets really cold, like most electronics will. It works just fine, just it takes longer for it to display what it's supposed to display and take a lil longer to scroll through my music on my ipod. still works great, shouldn't damage the HU

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 838
i dunno lol, i wake up for work at 5:45am and i leave to go to work by 6:10 without starting my car ahead or anything and i just play everything how i usually do during the day....

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3157
When its that cold, I use the remote starter, so Idk if it has cold issues or not...Maybe just turn it on with low volume to warm it up a while.
Or gut a 120 volt block heater and mount it in the dash over the HU. But then you need to plug it in and out

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4414
I have a remote starter also and use it when possible. But at school I park my truck all the way at the end of the lot, with the grass on one side, and over the line into the space next to it. So that nobody hits it.

Had it painted last year and there's already a ding in the drivers door from some dumbass opened their door into it Anyways its too far to remote start from the building.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us