Michael foland - Silverado Enclosure Thread

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 450
Mike,

Don't post anything about amps, they don't concern me at this point. All that matters to me within this thread is Enclosure Details, Specifications and Subwoofers.

Ok, there is going to be three enclosure types shown here and the details associated with each one.

The main focus is to hammer out the enclosure as it pertains to what needs to be done as to measurements, dimensions and design to fit the Silverado you working with and other details can be addressed later.

Depending on the subwoofers used and recommended spec's of the subs ( sealed or ported ), number of subs, port size/ tuning have to work within what the dimensions are for each enclosure type shown.

The size of the subwoofer ( 10" or 12" ) will only fit depending mounting direction. The physical subwoofer dimensions are what determines if the subwoofer will or will not fit.

First Enclosure:
The details/dimensions shown are for under the seat of 2004 Silverado Ex Cab. The total volume is 2.90 cu.ft.

Upload

This is the enclosure you said your friend has on this page:
http://www.audioenhancers.com/catalog_prod/gmc_gmx120.html

Upload

Spec's state on the page this has total volume of 2.0 cu.ft. or 1.0 cu.ft. per subwoofer.

Subwoofers are Forward Firing.
Due to size of FRONT Baffle, subwoofer size limit is 10"

Spec's also state a subwoofer mount depth of 5", again, this depends entirely on the 10" subwoofer used meets the volume requirements.

If you look at the detail of this enclosure ( top ) there is a NOTCHED detail at the back bottom.

The Site Page for this enclosure offers NO details to the NOTCH Height, Width or Depth. Also, there is NO spec mentioned as to the Height, Width of Tranny Hump/Tunnel.

If this is the type of enclosure your friend has, those are the details/measurements/ dimensions I need to know to fill in the blanks for the design shown.

Upload

Additional Notes & Info:

All Designs shown are of the same total width of 55".

Enclosure's are not same as clearly shown by their respective dimensions as to design to fit the vehicle's, subwoofer sizes and volume stated per each design.

Also, the NOTCH detail as stated for the Design # 2 on the site page " Raise your back seat remove jack GMX120 easily sits in place lower seat,INSTALLATION COMPLETE!! (must remove jack)."

Now, going back to what I posted in the other thread:
" I can check to say if the Daytons ( rss265hf-4 ) can fit the design that I have, however, that other enclosure that was posted up is entirely different from what I have, so, till the OP provides definitive measurements/dimensions of the area for the 2000 1500 chevy silverado under the seat."

#2.
" While the box is out of the truck, measure all the details of the floor area, especially the heights at the back and front with the seats in the down position. "

OK, that pretty lays out the enclosure's as they pertain to the details. Keep in mind this, were working to design an enclosure based on some already known dimensions, but, this also means that we can change the design to still fit where the enclosure installs while trying to gain more area, space under the rear seat.

If you can work with me to provide the info I need, I can help you and your friend get as much out of the design as possible.

This means removing the enclosure , taking measurements from that enclosure and taking measurements of the floor area and related measurements under and around the seat area.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 781
ok thanx for al the info.. ok wel i aske dhim do u know wear u got ure box he sais yes he gave me the link so ill give it to you ot show u exactly what box he has now. ok here it is,.

http://caraudiofactory.com/992006-chevy-extended-p-45.html

ok if that helps u tel me if teh kickers wil fit in there , and teh daytons.. but i just noticed that box is only 5/8 mdf witch sux.. lol. wel let me know if that helps any. i wil get messuremenst in truck asap.

Silver Member

Post Number: 456
Mike,

Showing me the enclosure per the link is all well and good, BUT, it tells me nothing about what the dimensions, yes, the link is helpful only from the standpoint of what the enclosure looks like.

When you get the measurements from the truck and that box, then I'll have something to work with to tell you what fits and which subs.

And, as before, if you can take pic's of the area the enclosure installs, that would be very helpful as well.

Silver Member

Post Number: 463
bump

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 782
ok i got the pics and messurements

Silver Member

Post Number: 464
Excellent, e-mail all that info to woodlawn.cabinetry@verizon.net and then I can see what there is to see.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1039
woodlawn, you have mail!

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 783
ok now i just gotta upload pics and the damm info but theres so many messurements u wont even understand them. im drawing them out on like paint wear u can draw on there btu its sloppy. and i have no clue how to send pics in a email? telme how to. i have messuremenst of the box. and messuremenst of without box in truck. and pics of the box he has and thats it. i ran outa time i hope the messuremenst are gona be god. but yea idk how im gona explain to you how the hell all these mesuremenst wear they came from.

Silver Member

Post Number: 466
Mike,

To send pic's via e-mail all you have to do is " attach " them as part of the e-mail.

Within you e-mail there should be an option to send "attachments". It will not be as part of what you type, but it will still be part of the e-mail.

If you just do a rough sketch in paint of the box with the measurements and sketch of the truck details with measurements, I'll have pretty good idea of what is what.

The picture you took will help me in determining what all the measurements entail and when I do the Sketch Drafts with the measurements to send back to you, you can confirm/verify what is and is not correct.

It's a process that requires both me and you working it out and making sure what is done is done right and patience.

Silver Member

Post Number: 467
Mike,

To send pic's via e-mail all you have to do is " attach " them as part of the e-mail.

Within you e-mail there should be an option to send "attachments". It will not be as part of what you type, but it will still be part of the e-mail.

The " attachment " will be the file names of the pic's you create/have on your computer in the form of JPEG File format or Paint BMP file format.

When you click " attach/attachment " you find the file name (s) you have and pick those files and click " OK " and those files are now part of the e-mail.

If you just do a rough sketch in paint of the box with the measurements and sketch of the truck details with measurements, I'll have pretty good idea of what is what.

The picture you took will help me in determining what all the measurements entail and when I do the Sketch Drafts with the measurements to send back to you, you can confirm/verify what is and is not correct.

It's a process that requires both me and you working it out and making sure what is done is done right and patience.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 785
ok . thanx. wel yes my friend is gon abuy from u. but im sry i wont be able to get u the pics il this friday cuz i took em and messurements but only had enough time to actualy draw a couple of the things on paint. then i have to somehow put messuremenst in without the dam pencil it sux using that thing. but yea. its gona take me a lil while friday to but i for sre wil have em to you by then

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 790
bump bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us