OT...I'm on a roll...This makes THREE!

Silver Member
Username: Press1

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 314
I just got another speeding ticket! I was on the freeway, doing 65, I get pulled over and he tells me the speed limit changed a while back to 55. He wrote me up for 65. I think there is no doubt of me loosing my license now.

I'll have to hire a driver. Man this svcks.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 2006
that sucks. sh!t we do 80 on the thruway here all day with a 65 limit haha

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7405
pulled over on the highway for 10 over?!?!

damn dude, that sucks

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 996
X3

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 886
Wow, if you had been going 1 or 2 miles less they probably wouldn't have bothered, that really sucks.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6120
Well, maybe you'll learn your lesson. Watch the signs of the road and you'll be alright. Multiple offenders should lose their licenses because they put other drivers at risk. If you can afford to hire a driver you really get no sympathy from me :-)

Silver Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 133
yeah except when you get pulled over for lets say.. not making a TOTALLY complete stop at a stop sign and make a slow right turn messing with your radio at 11 at night on a tuesday night in a small neighborhood with NO OTHER CARS.

THAT is ghay

Silver Member

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 315
"If you can afford to hire a driver you really get no sympathy from me"

LOL...I wish I could afford a driver, it was meant to be tongue in cheek.

As for repeat offenders, that has just been the direction I've been going in lately.

Well, they say these things come in threes, maybe its done!

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 636
man he just gave you a ticket to be an azz....he should of let you go for only 10 over on a parkway..the speeed limit on the parkway is 70mph and i ALWAYS do 80MPH ....he prolly just seen that you had alot of tickets and was just wanting to get your azz...fu(k him

Gold Member

Post Number: 6130
Do you guys understand what a limit is? That's the highest point you can go, legally there doesn't have to be any leeway just because you feel there should be. So when you're going over the limit 5,6 or 7 miles don't feel stupid or angry if you get pulled over and ticketed. I don't do the speed limit either but if I get pulled over I won't act like an idiot or cry about it because the limit is the limit and the law is the law. Cops have given tickets for going 1 MPH over the limit so...you guys should know what to expect.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7409
i agree with what your saying rob but its like an unwritten law that cops give you leeway as long as its not too much over or too dangerous. maybe its just where im from, and it could be, but going 10 over wont get you anything, you wont even get pulled over 80% of the time.

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 637
yea but i got two brothers who are cops but they told me that on the parkway it is excepted by other cops if you drive up to 9 mph over the speed limit..the situation is different if your in town going 10 mph over the limit....my dad was a cop and he said ANY cop who gives you a ticket for only 2 or 3 mph over is a complete azzhole and they have nothing better to do with their life...instead of being out tryin to help the community and keep trouble makers off the street they set up speed traps and catch people who are coming off hills and are over the limit like 3mph.....i know it's the LIMIT but still......cops can be diks or they can be kind and help you out...i know cops who if they pull you over for DUI they will take you home the first tiem they catch you but after that then they throw the book at you.....

Silver Member

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 316
I'm definitely not whining, its more like...therapy. I share my circumstances, you respond. Hopefully in a humorous way. This creates a connection between people, especially when all you know about someone is their screen name and what they put in their profile.

I fully accept that I was speeding, I have only fought 1 ticket in my life and that was when my speedometer was broke...I got the fine removed, but the points stayed on my record. I drove for 7 hours yesterday after I got the ticket. All of it at the speed limit(lol). I got friendly with my cruise control.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15921
that sux g-love. i hate getting tickets. good luck with everything.

eric what is a thruway?

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 451
LOL,,,, What is a " thruway "..... sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Thruway is nothing more than another definition to the term " parkway " or " highway " or " Cause Way ".

Route 66 is a Highway, it's only a two lane road, but it's still defined as a " highway ".

As for tickets/speeding around here, the cops won't even bother with you if you like 5 over the limit on public roads, the turnpike and highways it depends on the traffic and how fast everyone else is motoring along.

One thing is for certain though, I yet to see anyone pass a cop, state troop on any road, even when they were driving under the limit.

I have beat a few speeding tickets, but only when the circumstances were in my favor and here in PA, only cops allowed to have Radar/Lazer Guns are the State Police.

Local cops have to rely on the old Vascar method of timing your speed between two fixed points and calculate if you are/are not speeding.

Also, the local cops cannot use those road side digit speed limit signs that tell you have fast your driving, same difference as use a radar gun, I beat ticket against a cop trying to pull that sh!t.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6131
"i agree with what your saying rob but its like an unwritten law that cops give you leeway as long as its not too much over or too dangerous. maybe its just where im from, and it could be, but going 10 over wont get you anything, you wont even get pulled over 80% of the time."

I hear what you guys are saying but that's dealing in chance. In the end it depends on the police officer or state trooper. He can be a complete azzhole and ticket you for going 1mph over or he can be cool and let you slide even though you were going 30 over, you guys see what I'm sayin right?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7410
route 66 is three lanes down here in Northern VA....just letting you know

it goes from 3 lanes to 2 lanes right at my exit....

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15925
rob have some compassion for the guy. he just got a ticket. we all know how much it sux to get tickets.

yanks no one asked you. hahahahha

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7412
"I hear what you guys are saying but that's dealing in chance. In the end it depends on the police officer or state trooper. He can be a complete azzhole and ticket you for going 1mph over or he can be cool and let you slide even though you were going 30 over, you guys see what I'm sayin right?"

i see exactly what your saying rob. we're both right in our own ways

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7413
"yanks no one asked you. hahahahha"

ok mr. what the hell is a thruway/i spent $600 on a lame game. you be quiet chad. lol just kidding dude.

Silver Member

Post Number: 453
Well, let me put it this way.

If the majority is zipping along at 70 plus mph, I'm going hop on the " train " because how the he!! is any cop going to pull anyone over, what he'll do is pick the last car in the " train " pull his azz over.

Second, I get where I going quicker and the get the additional " draft effect " and that's saves me gas.

It is right .... eh, no, but, what the he!!.

Silver Member

Post Number: 454
Yanks,

I don't know what a " thruway " is dude, but explain to me why you park in a " Drive way " and drive on a " Park Way ".

It's like any other road name:

Boulevard
Drive
Court
Circle
Street
Road
Rural Route
Spur
Lane
State Road
County Road
Local Road
Super Highway

A road by any other name is all that it is, no matter what ya call it.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15926
lol i got pwned by yanks fan.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7417
www.yanksfanpwnedchadlee.com

thruway:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/thruway

there you go chad. learn something new everyday :-)

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15927
hey man. around here there is no such thing as a thru way. that is why i asked. you tell someone they pwned me and their head gets big. lol.

fyi yanks, i spent 600 on that game cause i can. i didn't have to sacrifice anything to spend that kinda money on that game. still bought a indash dvd and a new laptop. sent my parents $1000 to korea for their christmas gift and already did my shopping for people's gift.

after all that i still have enough to buy a new car if i decided to. lol. so you can say i had 600 bux to throw away. literally.

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 972
I've passed several cops that were going slow on purpose, what is he gonna do, pull me over for going the speed limit?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6703
I'm positive that if you got a speeding ticket for going over 1mph - 5mph, you can fight it in court and WIN every time.
Do a lookup on radar gun accuracy. There is alawys some margin of error. So if you combine that with the weather condition, no judge with a brain can convict you.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7419
damn chad. i was kidding bud. sorry to offend you.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15928
i know you were. lol. it was fyi.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15930
i am just chad "full of sh!t" lee.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6133
Since Ray isn't around I'll say it in his honor:

Chad GOT PWNED.

Hurry up and install WC3 today so you can get double pwned. :-) It's not like it takes a long time...and the game will only take about 25 minutes for me to win so it's not much time out of your busy schedule. It's not like you have a hot date or something.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6134
"I'm positive that if you got a speeding ticket for going over 1mph - 5mph, you can fight it in court and WIN every time.
Do a lookup on radar gun accuracy. There is alawys some margin of error. So if you combine that with the weather condition, no judge with a brain can convict you."

Here in the states that is not so Isaac. Over time troopers and officers build up credibility with judges and with more convictions and arrests judges are far more trusting of them in the cases they bring to court. You're right about the radar calibration though... however... here in the states they are charging court fees if you're guilty or not from what I've heard and it's bullsh1t but what can you do? Sometimes fighting these things will get you more in trouble with the law because if you make one cop look like an azzhole and he tells his cop buddies about you they'll have it out for you and nail you with everything they can. It's probably not like that where you live but here in Chicago there's lots of things that go on like that.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7287
well G love in the state of PA its 6 points and you can take a written test once to get 2 points removed ...then at 12 points your drivers lic. gets suspended...at least thats how it used to be years back...oh and if you drive for one year since your last offense then you get either two or three points off your record (I think its two) but based on what your saying I doubt you made it a year....youll either get 3 months or 6 months suspension for your first offense I cant remember which

Silver Member

Post Number: 455
I do recall one time when I almost got a speeding ticket.

I was cruising thru main street in my old home town and wasn't paying attention to the limit. I saw a cop parked in the old town hall lot when i cruised by, looked down to see what speed I doing and I'm like " SH!T ".

I pulled off the stopped and pull off to the side of the road, got other all the papers required before the cop even started to pull out after me.

I didn't say a word and the papers in hand out the window, cop walked up, took a look and all he said was " keep it to the limit and have a nice day ".

if ya know your wrong and ya just be cool about it, some cops just play it cool as well.

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 191
Similar thing happened to me..I was goin to my friend's house at night, two cops were parked talking to each other.. I wasn't tryin to speed around, but was goin 48, apparently it was a 30. When the cop got to my window, gave him my stuff, gave me a written warning. Coulda been worse right? Sorry about the ticket man.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6704
Whoa, from reading your posts, I guess we do have some decent cops in Canada. As long as you stay under 10km/h over the limit, they don't bother.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 1259
I live in Canada, too, and everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, is doing 120 down the highway, which has a 90 km/h speed limit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us