SQ Setup

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2714
Hi.

A few weeks back, I posted something about an install for a show vehicle. We decided that we didn't need to upgrade the interior of the vehicle and that the exterior graphics job was what people would see most of the time.

Now I've decided I want to do my own install in the car I'll be driving here soon enough (actually just turned 15 recently, so actually it'll probably be almost 2009 by the time I'm actually driving it alone).

I'm interested in creating the ultimate SQ setup. I actually do listen at pretty high volume sometimes, but at the same time I'm not sure if it would be bordering SQL or not.

>What I want here is information on what to look at while I plan this out.<

Right now I'm only looking at subwoofers, but so far...

I can see right now that the JackHammer is a COMPLETE and STUPID waste of money.

A lot of these seem to be geared more for SPL than SQL or SQ.

Focal, CDT, and Morel seem like they have pretty good offers.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2856
what kind of wattage are you trying to run?

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3243
look into hertz audio as well... they make a sub that's supposed to be incredible. it's the mille 3800... that's what i would go with for my substage. either that, a soundsplinter rl-s, a DD 9115, or an audiopulse LMS ultra

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5568
just keep saving money dont decide what you want now because new things keep comming out

Gold Member

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2715
Ahh, I'm definitely not deciding now. I just need to get some research in so I can figure out what I can achieve the best result with.

For some reason I'm worried about stuff being stolen while it sits in the parking lot (locked). We'll see what I can do there, then.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5572
their is a point where its stupid to put so much money in audio into a car for SQ because cars suck for SQ.

get some morel speakers or high end rainbow. may also want to look into active set ups and look at some seas and peerless and scan speak. i would just do a 2 way set up if i were you.

and for a sub the rl-s or a si mag would be nice.

then just get some good amps and a decent HU

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2863
are you really looking for a 1000 watt sub or an actual low power high sq subwoofer

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

O/S Power!!!!, i lo... USA

Post Number: 472
i have an IDMAX that i am pleased with, and im a sq nypho. i pretty much hate spl, but hey alot of people like it, and thats all that counts.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

ASU

Post Number: 2142
what part of missouri are you from?

Gold Member

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2718
First of all, does power really have much to do with what type of driver it is (SQ/SPL)?

I do like the look of an LMS Ultra.

Of course, it uses a lot of power.

I am in the Ozarks area.

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 888
the LMS looks awesome

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 11465
Yes, it does.......

5000w rms. Wow.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 896
Upload

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3168
The SoundSplinter RL-S can't be beat for SQ, despite what those asshats at ca.com say.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11467
I'm curious as to a HT use out of a RL-S.

Advisable ya think?

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2522
anything from soundsplinter is nice in house. HT or just music.

a guy here has an rl-p18 here in his house and its sweet. the thing is a beast from what i saw and he didnt even crank on it.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2523
i like to say here...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11468
Who?

These subs have mad excursion.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3169
I installed two RL-S 15's in a $30,000+ home theater using seperate sand filled, sealed inch-and-a-quarter MDF boxes that are just under 10 cubic feet ID each. The low frequency depth, dynamic range, damping and precision is simply incredible.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11470
I WANT PICS!!!!

Upload

Gold Member

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2719
Oh, this seems to be going in the direction of DIY home audio subwoofers... which is not a bad thing.

I think Paul still has that Q18. How is that going, Paul?

SoundSplinter is certainly good.

It's too bad it was only one of the 18s, and the same goes for only two 15s. Crazy minimalists. Just kidding.

Since the thread is heading this direction, I guess I'll say a little about the design of my DIY Sub Design.

Four Aurasound 18" Drivers - Some of the best drivers out there, designed to sound good over than get loud, although they'll definitely do that too.

4000w RMS will be on tap and there will be four 20ft³ enclosures tuned to 13hz and built very sturdily to house the drivers.

There are many features to the design which will keep the distortion as low as possible.

For me, overkill is the name of the game, although once you hear it, you probably won't consider it overkill.

Silver Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 173
Get some Eclipse SW7200s.... I have 4 sealed and the SQL is great! It's Loud, Crisp, & Clear... Subs facin' the cab.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us