My RE 12.1s

Username: Johnatin_smit

Post Number: 10
well, for right now i just have one set up and its hooked up to two 2ohm dvc 15" cvrs, and the RE 12.1 does 700rms at 2 ohms...i have everything wired right, but i get hardly any power from the amp at all, i got like 90% more from my zx750.1

but my question is to owners (or former owners) of this amp...do u have to have the external bass knob to get a good amount of power? because when i bougt the amps off ebay they didnt come with any, so i was just wondering if that was the case...help is much appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 772
Bass knobs do not give out any extra power. If anything they mess with the amp and make it worse, IMO.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
then how come my amp is putting out hardly any power? it doesnt make any sence, i even turned up the gain all the way for a couple seconds and it doesnt push them at all

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 427
How do you have the subs wired... are you getting proper voltage to the amp? Are the subs moving at all? is the amp on? are you recieving a good signal from the neadunit? Is your Head unit set up correctly?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
everythings wired perfect, cause it all worked when i had the kicker amp before...but im pretty sure ive just fried my remote turn on output (2 amps were hooked up to it for about 3 weeks) and i also think my decks just screwed up permanently, cause its pretty old (03 i think)

Bronze Member
Username: Derick06

Rio Grande City, Texas United States

Post Number: 86
I had the same problem with my RE 12.1, it wouldn't move the sub at all. I even sent it back to RE two times and they said it was working but everytime I would get it back it would be the same thing. Everything was right because I swapped it with an orion amp without switching any wiring and it worked perfectly.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
mine plays bass, not to its full potential though, and on the deck i have to turn the bass up to +7, sub +15 and then it sounds horrible and shuts off after about 10 seconds of playing...

but when it pushes the cvrs, it sounds incredible, just not loud in any way

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5067
open it and smell it too

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 851
oh god dont say re's amps are crapping out,i just bout a 35.1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
i just bought mine too (off ebay)...bad first impression of re :-(...still want to try out some subs though sometime

Silver Member

Post Number: 854
the subs dont crap out that i kno of,alot of ppl run them,but the amps i dont really have much info on besides they are all old school since they quit making them,and ppl seem to want them

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
hmm...ohh well, ill just save up and buy some new amps, and hopefully two 18" sx's...what amp(s) would u suggest for that chris?

Silver Member

Post Number: 856
sx's will take the power i suggest 1500-2000watts rms each,and u dont want 2 of the 18 sx's unless u wann tear your car apart lol,i would put a saz1500d on one sx tho,if u got 2 get the saz3000d

Silver Member

Post Number: 857
there pretty cheap compared to most amps that have quality,that are underrated and give u that amount of power

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
that does look like a sick amp, how much do they normally run for? i saw the msrp but normally (i think) stuffs cheaper then that?

Silver Member

Post Number: 860
600 msrp is all,it depends,if u know the guy on the link im about to give u,he will get it cheaper,or if u just know somebody that is friends with him ,the 1500 d would actually give u over 2000 watts,if u had two dvc 2 ohm subs to give it a .5 ohm load,but u would have to have a high output alt or u would prolly fry the amp,but the sx's like more than 1000 watts rms like there recomended,ppl are giving them 2000 watts daily each

http://www.low-hz.com/commerce/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_22&products_id= 31

Silver Member

Post Number: 861
usually 475 shipped new with warrenty,but its all about who u know

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
u dont think the amp would fry at .5 ohms? or after a while of playing at least (on a good power system)

Silver Member

Post Number: 864
ppl are playing them at .35 ohms burps,they used to have a warranty on them all the way down to .5 ohms but they had to change it to 1 ohm.cuz people that didnt know what they was doing where frying them at ,5 ohm,imo i would run a 200 amp alternater for just one,but u could prolly get away with a 160 amp alt.or a 300 amp alt for 2,u need it a lil high cuz idle is lower,id get dual 200 amp alternaters if u had 2 going,just to be sure

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 5074
if you can satisfy current demands, there won't be any problem running lower loads

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
then im probably gonna end up getting one of those amps lol, sound like they'll perform verrry well...and im new to high(er) end car audio, so can someone explain what the phase dial/knob is for please?

Silver Member

Post Number: 902
phase knob is for when a speaker or a sub,is cancelling out the other one.if u dont have this prob dont use the knob
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us