Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 956
very interesting flare port design. i like it :-)

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 145.2 ..., Pa Usa

Post Number: 495
ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i like

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

BUILT NOT BOUGHT, North carolina

Post Number: 589
wow that looks nice
hey phil, would you be willing to do just designs for a box like the sq/spl for the hc12s on your site but a little different dimensions and tuning?
im willing to pay.
im not ready to get the design just yet but i want to know if you can do it.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2845
damn thats hot

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 559
damn makes me wish i would of got tht on my box are there any advantages besides reduced port noise and cosmetic looks to this desigin with the flare

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 145.2 ..., Pa Usa

Post Number: 496
port design is pretty cool phil

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6124
Nice design. Do you have any ports made like that already?

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 448
Dwight,

I only have a basic understanding of the physic's behind how a " flared port " functions given what I have been reading up on about them.

For the most part, if " Flared Ports " in the proper manner of configuration can/could be used would definitely be an improvement over the conventional " Round, Vent/Slot Port ".

However, the inherent drawbacks for such ports requires have the surface area available given the overall size of the flared port as to it OD size.

The benefit is that you do not need alot of port area given the function/design (physics)of a flared port vs a conventional slot port that requires more port area to achieve the same results.

If you want the full skinny, here's the link:
http://www.subwoofer-builder.com/flare-testing.htm

The one unique aspect to scott's enclosure with regards to the port is in the manner which it's fabricated as a one piece unit.

And if I designed it as such ( which I didn't this time around ), make it removable to allow for attaching a completely different port size and tuning.

Silver Member

Post Number: 449
Rob,

No, I don't not, but, now that scott was the first customer to ever request such a " flared slot port " design I'm going to take it to the next step and try to apply the same/similar principals to determine what is and is not feasible.

I'm sure that if I applied enough " creative " thought into it, I may be able to overcome design issue's to make it work.

The real problem is one of design/function vs enclosure size ( volume ) and port tuning frequency. The lower the tuning, the longer the port and this means trying to fit a long azz port with the restrictions of the enclosure size.

That would mean whatever I design for a given enclosure as to it's dimensions for that particular " flared slot " and subsequent ports to fit it at various port tunings would not be subject to changing the enclosure size to fit.

It would pretty much work on the same principals as " pre-fabs " except that enclosure is designed to that of the manufacturers recommended spec's for one given port design and tuning.

The port could be " swapped out " for a different port size/ tuning, however, that changes the volume spec's which is going to effect the bass response and performance at a different level.

But, it the grand scheme of things those minor variations are of little consequence depending on the person.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7407
nice design as always phil

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 634
nice i like it

Gold Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1001
X2

Silver Member

Post Number: 452
Phil,

Yes, to your question about the enclosure you spoke about and it's design type.

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

BUILT NOT BOUGHT, North carolina

Post Number: 597
ok cool i will be in touch

Silver Member

Post Number: 457
No Problem, let me know when you got all the details sorted out.

Silver Member

Post Number: 586
Hey phil you never got back to me on my JBL single 12" box

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1090
Phil, I see you're making quite a name for yourself :-) You do some awesome work man, keep it up!

Silver Member

Post Number: 588
Yea phil your blowing up around here I'm glad I could contribute to your success and promotion a lil bit bcuz u deserve dude great boxes.

Silver Member

Post Number: 458
Dwight,

I got the e-mail on the other boxes, dude, I am swamped with requests and I'm trying to address as fast as humanly possible.

I'm only one person trying to do the job of many.

BTW, ya didn't say what kind of enclosure you wanted that JBL single 12" box????

Silver Member

Post Number: 459
Nick,

Trust me when I say I am not doing anything special other than that what I have always been trying to do, give the customer what they want with alittle creative " license " thrown in.

I just wish I could find some help to do things here and there, just someone looking to make a few bucks.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12560
looks gr8 ! ...

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 644
nic3
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums