Kicker vs. diamond audio, best amp for components (sq)

Silver Member
Username: Tips

Post Number: 201
im looking at two different amps to power the HEX s600s components im gonna buy. They are rated at 170rms. My options are:

DIAMOND AUDIO D5600.2 (150rms X 2)
KICKER ZX550.2 (205rms X 2)

I'm leaning towards the kicker because I know the HEX's demand a lot of power and the kicker will power the components fully and then some. The kicker also appeals to me because i wont have to push it to the max to supply the comps with power, meaning less distortion. But I'm not too sure about the SQ of the kicker. I want the best SQ possible. Should I get the diamond audio instead? Or will the underpowering not help? or should i invest in a different amp altogether? Basically, how good is the SQ of the kicker relative to other amps in the 200-300 price range?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4202
if you wanted less power i have a diamond d5 300.2 .. $110 shipped :-)

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5549
i highly doubt youll notice a difference.

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 110
yea i would also like to know im looking into gettin a kicker sx or kx or zx 800.4-900.4 and was wondering how it sounds

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4391
When are people going to learn. You will never notice different in SQ between two good quality accurately rated amplifiers.

Silver Member

Post Number: 202
i know that. i was just making sure that kicker was of good sq. and i was also asking if the difference in rms would make a difference in how loud it gets.

A good quality amp wont sound good if its overworking trying to power speakers, causing distortion. my question is will i be under powering the hex s600s's with that diamond audio amp?

I have 90rms x 2 speakers in my car now, being powered by a infinity ref amp that puts out 90 rms x2, and at loud volumes i hear distortion, probably with clipping.
I want to make sure i dont clip the diamond audio hex s600s.

Silver Member

Post Number: 203
ok wait a minute, i think i see what you're saying. if i have the option, just go with the higher wattage 205rms x 2 kicker. cause i probably wouldn't notice the difference if i got a diamond audio amp, so i might as well just get the kicker and supply the power the hex's need.

Silver Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 112
well i was jw about the SQ of kicker

Silver Member

Post Number: 204
yea, same here, but apparently its up there. so we're good.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4398
" ok wait a minute, i think i see what you're saying. if i have the option, just go with the higher wattage 205rms x 2 kicker. cause i probably wouldn't notice the difference if i got a diamond audio amp, so i might as well just get the kicker and supply the power the hex's need. "

Now your getting it......... theres no such thing SQ of an amp, at least there shouldn't be. Keyword "shouldnt". Between any decent to good quality amps there will be no noticable difference in sound.

It's a different story with crap amps that have bad SNR (noise) and THD (distortion) levels.

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
ok. cool. that being said, how does california profile compare to kicker? I'm assuming in that situation, the kicker would make a difference?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4407
Probably. Profile falls into the crap category IMO.

Silver Member

Post Number: 206
that being said, could the same thing be said about speakers? morel, rainbow, diamond audio, cdt, etc... ? are those simialr in sq, and the only thing that differs between them is how they sound (how sharp or soft the tweets are, warm or hard woofers, etc...)

Silver Member

Post Number: 207
bump

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4436
Speakers make a huge difference in sound........ no 2 will sound the same.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us