Problems with my Amp

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2125
I've had my nine.1 for like 3 months now and it's starting to piss me off...

Great amp

but....when the car is on accessory (pumpin gas or somethin) the subs will just like either not work or like make this weird azz loud squaky sound and it sounds awful, like scratchy...

or if im bumpin to loud, it starts doin that and the subs cut out, or sometimes after the car is off...for some reason my HU stays on for a few seconds to close (indash) the subs will like go off but then kick back on with the scratchy sound...

its really pissin me off bc idk wtf is up and t couldnt possibly be good for my babes! wires perfect, grounding perfect, its not going into protect, gains set EXACTLY right, i just don't know, if you guys dont know im callin ED, i just dont wanna have to hassle with sending it back yadda yaddda....

NO other qualms about ED though, dont get any wrong ideas, their sh!t is awesome...

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1170
Is your remote wire going to the HU?

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 932
^could be a short in the REM wire some where along the way

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1171
^Your amps remote wire I mean. If your HU is causing this, I would check that first.

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 934
^that's what I was talking about...lol...the wire that goes from the amp to the HU

Gold Member

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1173
Yeah I know, but there are two remote wires. One from the HU, and one from the amp. If you tap your amps remote wire to the HU, that is the probable cause, but if he has it wired straight to the fuse box, it might just be the HU that's messed up.

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 935
oh I see. my mistake.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2126
im using the remote wire that's coming out of the HU...i thought thats what you were supposed to do? i had it that way on my pioneer and never had a problem? thanks for the quick responses

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2128
bump

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3058
whats your voltage sitting at when the bass hits? may be voltage, a bad or lose ground, and also check your rcas, sounds like your getting interferene or voltage is dropping too low.

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 544
yea had the same problem it turned out to be a bad ground. and you should turn ur car off while pumping gas lol jk

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 936
car should be off when pumping gas anyway, lol

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 2129
"car is on accessory (pumpin gas or somethin)"

accessory doesn't mean on, nice try though
« Previous Thread Next Thread »