Baconator Lover, this is for you....(PICS)

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 918
new box/setup
RD1000.1D, single 12" RD Alpha v1, tuned to 32hz
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

also have this for sale, if anyone is interested...has a few scuffs on the right side of the face...not too noticable though.
asking $100 shipped, OBO
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

wireless remote not pictured, also, I believe it's missing the REM wire, but that is a simple fix.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2302
What model is the H/U?

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

ASU

Post Number: 2129
good looking box.

hows all the RD stuff sound?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5541
looks pretty good what are you going to cover the box in?

and damn those RD dust caps are ugly

and how does that amp run they actually look nice id just want to take the logo off

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 919
Damn, I didn't post the model, I'm a dumb@ss....its a Premier DEH P580MP

All the RD stuff sounds great, I'm def sticking with 32hz or lower from now on. I'll hopefully be getting a F150 in a couple months and will prob stick with RD and get a pair of 10" classics on teh same amp if not bigger.

Mat, you like the non branded stuff huh? I actually like the dust cap better than "Revolution" cap, but would prefer just a black dust cap personally..
I plan on covering it in a light tan to match the interior of the blazer. The amp runs nice and cool, won't get warm even after 2 hours of play (that's as long as I've driven with it on so far)

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4368
Mounting amps on the sub box FTL........

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 922
^was waiting for that comment, there isn't too much power and very little vibration, plus I added a few rubber washers and will be adding more between the amp and mdf when I can get to the dept store.

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2581
wtf does this have to do with baconators

go to he11 you trickster

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 923
lol, it's an inside joke, waiting for his dumb@ss (the baconator lover) to get on the internet since he wanted me to up some pics

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3053
haha i gave him sh!t cuz he doesnt like him and i do lol.

that box looks fugin awesome thieves. i dont care that the amp is mounted to the box. i love the hidden wiring! that looks awesome man.
the alpha was pretty uch designed to run at low tuned boxes. looks amazing. i bet it sounds just as good

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3055
him=baconator lol.

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 924
thanks dawg. I think this makes everything look much cleaner and it doesn't look just thrown in there anymore...lol

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6691
Mounting the amp on the sub box is a thief's dream.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3787
Funny, we have just narrowed it down that my $1600 DD Z1a blew because of a single fet leg broke loose causing a catastrophic failure of 16 fets, output fet driver ic's and two op amps. This was all because I temporily mounded my amp to the back of my box. Believe it or not I did brace and added spacers to keep it off the box but damage still occured. To each his own...Polo.

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 925
not when you have screws that aren't easily removed with just a power drill and a phillips or flat head, on both the amp and sub, plus the box will be bolted down. either way. if someone can get in, get that box out all together and carry it away, they've just about earned it.

I love all the positive comments in this thread so far!

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 926
Polo, thanks for the backed input.
not to discredit you, but aren't you running nearly 5 times the power with much larger speakers than I am?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4375
Didn't you also run that Z1a at 16 volts? That couldn't have had anything to do with it.....

But in any case mounting amplifiers on the sub box is never a good idea. Bcae1 has a good article on the subject if you scroll about 1/2 way down the page:

http://www.bcae1.com/amplfier.htm

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 928
yeah I know, I thought about adding a 1/2" gap between the back of the box and another piece of MDF, mounting the amp to that, and may still do it. But we shall see.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3788
Ya Perry helped me narrow it down and matter of fact he has been helping me narrow the replacement parts down because DD's builder decided to sand the numbers off the controller board but we did it. I thought it was the 16V also but there was absolutely no damage to the power supply, only the output stage and when I took the amp apart ONE fet fell off the board! I saw the amp flexing, the 5200 under all that power is a beast and the box was only a single baffle, single layer all around so ya the flex was great, my fault. The biggest thing was I didn't practice what I preached, here is a pic of the area where the one fet let loose... Polo..

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5544
thives actually i do kinda like stuff without a name on it like how the old AA subs were. people think its crap then they here it :-)

just happens that i dont really care for the RD logos the revolution one is pretty cool though. glad to here everything is sounding good, you got any speakers in yet?

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 929
So Polo, basically if there is a lot of flex=bad? In which case, my amp should be okay, because I don't wang the sh!t out of it, but yeah there is a little bit of vibration.

yeah the blank dust caps are bad@ss, like you said, makes people think they aren't worth anything...lol

I'm planning on either getting the PG ZR comps or the Alpha series comps from RD also...lol...I get good pricing with Steve. But I'm holding off on getting some until I can get rid of this blazer and back into an f150 so I can custom do the whole lower half of the door.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us