What about this for a good daily setup ???

Bronze Member
Username: Tpa954

Hollywood, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 55
I am running a ZX1000.1 Kicker amp to 2 MMATS 3.0 15 subwoofers in a custom made 5.5 Gross FT Custom Boxed to Tuned to 32 Hz. Also what should i run for my door speakers and amp to match up well with this setup.Plus do you think i can also run a bigger amp maybe a kicker 1250.1 amp ???? Open to any suggestion, Thank`s Alot

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 542
nice choice in subs not on the usual bonners of the month. and yea your defintely going to need a bigger amp try a kicker zx 1500.1, saz 1500d or the 1 rockford amp i forget the model number t1001 or something like im sure someone else on the forum knows what im talking about. and dont buy a prefab box if thts what is get a box made by woodlawn his work is awesome i know because he did my box

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5470
what size speakers you looking at and budget for those and a amp? i'd suggest a nice comp. set and a 2 channel.

as for running a bigger amp for the mmats, you could easily give them more power. that will depend on the state of your charging system and budget for the new amp (and those subs dual 4ohm vc?).

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5471
my bad, just saw what amp you're running and see the subs are dual 2ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 4191
robert.. ive got a 6.5 CDT component set and a Diamond D5 300.2 to match them.. $170 shipped to your door.. idk if you can find much better for the price :-) .. i posted a thread on it with some pics

Bronze Member

Hollywood, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 56
I have all stock charging system looking for some one to change it to 0 gage but cant find no one in the south Florida area.As for door speakers i need 4 6.5 and 2 6x9 and Yes subs dual at 4 OHMS they say they are rated for 750 but i believe they are severely underrated. I herd they can handle around 1000 easily for daily usage, and my box has not come but i am ordering from woodlawn and i cant wait to get it !!!!

Bronze Member

Hollywood, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 57
2 OHMS Sorry LOL

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 1237
If you have the ZX1000.1, definitely don't worry about a bigger amp just for the power, unless you get something that will do 2K+. Otherwise, it's a waste of $$$$$$, IMO.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4192
4 6.5s? wth? lol .. ive got that CDT set and also some AA Poly Mids

Bronze Member

Hollywood, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 58
Yea i have a jimmy sls 2001 it has 6.5 in the door and also in the front were above the dash there is 2 as well.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Turtles have four legs

Post Number: 3490
doesn't mean you need 2 sets each side. Just get one set and install them in your doors and be done with it. Forget about 6x9's unless you get some good quality ones and go with another set of 6.5 comps in there as well.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4382
^^^^^ right

And those speakers in your dash are 4x6. Putting speakers in that location does nothing good for your soundstage. Especially when there are no good speakers of that size out there. Get a good set of component 6.5s for the doors.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4199
x2 :-) .. good front stage is all you need

still got my cdts and diamond d5 300.2 :-)

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 546
damn jack your hustlin lol we need to put you on the block and make ecoustics some money lol jk
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us