The post to end all electrical posts make this a sticky

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 511
Ok I'm going 2 start off with a few basics after tht u guys should just post good facts so noobs like me don't have to make 50 threads on electrical questions. Ok now I'm running a saz-1500d and a phoenix gold comp amp like 75x2 the best car audio place in town said tht I should upgrade my big 3 and throw a new battery in the front they said no battery in the back since I'm running a stock alt bcuz it will jus make my alt work harder to charge 2 batteries he also said tht I should get a cap even tho I'm not running enough power to get full benefits out of it. But it will help a lil and I have 1 laying around so no money spent might as well put it in. Now my stock alt is 140 and does more like 160 according to ohiio gen they also don't make a HO alt for my car bcuz of the way its wound or something like tht. I would prefer not to go with irraggi since I've been seeing a lot of negative posts about him. Plus I don't really have the 600 to shell out for 1. So will my setup be able to run good off stock alt big 3 and an odyssey pc1500? Bcuz I've seen others around the net say that they are running there's off stock alt and it works pretty good. Also what is a dangerously low voltage drop. I just want to know will I probably be ok with what I have listed because my whole reason in getting this setup is so that I don't have to upgrade my electrical reccomended by you guys a CA.com this setup will let me accomplish that now I'm hearing a different story midway through all of purchasing I'm basically done except for actuall subs and install. And it would suck for it not to work out for me. Thanx guys

Silver Member

Post Number: 512
Bump

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 421
This is just a general observation, but, it would be helpful if you broke out that long azz sentence into a few paragraphs.

Because reading that sh!t is rather annoying, not to mention the confusion of that to pick out the parts that your trying to explain to get an answer to.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7361
1. we dont have stickys
2. how is this gonna end all electrical posts?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6687
Unless your battery is on it's way out, why replace something that's working perfectly well? Some people will tell you "so and so battery is the best, and everyone uses it" or "deepcycle batteries are too slow" excuses. Yes on paper, it might sense, but once it's inside your car, you won't be able to tell any difference using your ears.
Try this analogy. If an idiot mechanic told you that you need to buy new tires every year to get good traction, would you do it? Does it make any sense? If you replaced a perfectly working battery, then you're essentially doing exactly that. Expensive batteries are a nice luxury, but not a necessity for a basic setup.

As for your setup, I'd install an isolator and deepcycle battery near the amp, so that your starter battery never gets drained. Do the big3 upgrade.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5450
and i wouldn't install the cap. i'd sell it and put that money towards a battery or isolator, or towards a ho alt.

and i completely agree with woodlawn, learn how to type. annoying as hel_l trying to read a long as_s post that looks like a 3rd grader with mental retardation typed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 515
What is an isolator and where can I get 1?
And to yanks didn't know we didn't have stickys so I was jus saying every1 could throw in useful info on upgradiing electrical so tht when some1 asked you could direct them to this thread but nevermind on tht since there are no stickies.
And to woodlawn I'm going to let you slide on tht smart comment jus bcuz my box you made is soooo sexii lol jus kiddin I see what u mean sorry about tht.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7365
hey ctmike, check your email bud

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5451
if you want to read some stickies, go to ca.com. they have some good ones.

and haven't gotten any email yanks. been having problems with it that yahoo said should be fixed by this afternoon.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7367
fair enough man. it was about secret santa. your still in right?

Silver Member

Post Number: 516
Would this work??
Like I mean is this what I should get like qaulity wise and size wise bcuz I have no clue.
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1333954/vpcsid/0 /SFV/30046

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5452
yanks, try emailing me again either now or later today. and yeah, guess i'll still be in. haven't checked the ss threads cause i never heard back from you, but also didn't know i wasn't getting emails until the other day.

and dwight, how much you plan on spending on batteries/isolator? didn't you say in another thread you were buying two kinetiks off ebay for $400?

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 427
Is that you Dwight?????

Really though dude, there are some sites on the internet that can address lot of those questions and concerns.

Here's one that just about covers it all:

http://www.bcae1.com/

There's alot to read, but, it is broken out by what pertains to what if you goto the right side and scroll thru all the different elements on this site.

He!!, I've learned a few things from that site.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7368
"yanks, try emailing me again either now or later today. and yeah, guess i'll still be in. haven't checked the ss threads cause i never heard back from you, but also didn't know i wasn't getting emails until the other day. "

ive emailed you a few times lol. ill email you in one second bud.

Silver Member

Post Number: 517
Yea just about 400 on 2 kinetiks give or a take a couple dollars but since I don't need 2 batteries I will gladdy save the 150 and get the isolator why what did u have in mind?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5453
the last ones i got from you were from the other day when i first emailed you bout it. since then i haven't gotten an email from anyone, not even the normal por_n spam mail i get :-(

Silver Member

Post Number: 518
And yes its me dwight woodlawn

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5454
spend the $400 on a ho alt.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7369
check it now ctmike...hope it works lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 519
I can't get 1 for my car they are wound differently then most HO alt I am told and I am not dealing with iraggi or paying 700 somewhere else. I read about the isolators I get the basics but I'm still a lil cnfused on it. And bcae said tht I need a fan in my trunk for a second battery wow?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5456
have you emailed many ho alt. companies or just going with what you've read for one company. and if you do research, iraggi also has many happy customers to. like ea, seems hit and miss, but more happy than unsatisfied customers. personally i'd start emailing around and getting quotes. and who said you can't get a ho alt. for your car?

Silver Member

Post Number: 520
I did I probably can't afford 1 the whole point of me getting this setup was so I didn't have 2 get 1 and u guys and ca.com reccommend this so I wouldn't have 2 now I'm a lil ticked off.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5457
you can run it without a ho alt., but i wouldn't.

but who told you you can't get a ho alt. for your car? and what all companies did you email?

Silver Member

Post Number: 521
I tlked 2 ohio gen and iraggi and his prices were sky high like 560 for a HO alt idk bout u but I aint rich. What are some other good companies ill check them out

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5458
like i said before, you can run your system off the stock alt., but personally i would upgrade the alt. before spending alot of money on several batteries like you were going to.

knuknoceptz - Alt.Tech@KnuKonceptz.com - not to much about there alts'. from what i've seen so far.

excessive amperage - nathanpeddicord@yahoo.com - mixed reviews, seem about 50/50 on ea alts.

iraggi - bretharbison@comcast.net - sure in your last post the $650 was for ohio gen. (priciest i've seen but not 1 complaint from ohio owners). email iraggi and ask them, and also ask about the group buy, can't remember the cutoff (xtra 25% off). mixed reviews on them also, but i'd say more positives then negative.

ho alt. - sales@highoutputalternator.com - prices are up there with ohio so maybe not waste your time with this one yet.

motor city remen - motorcityreman@comcast.net - pretty cheap, and from what i've read about 50/50 with them to.

also look up mean green. can't find there email and from everything i've read they seem great, never read a negative comment so far on them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6688
Have you called 4alterstart.com? That's where I got my alternator.

Silver Member

Post Number: 522
Yea well I've called bosch and thy dnt make 1.
Ohio gen was like 550
Iraggi was like 650 and I'm kinda nervous about dealing with him
Ill email the companies u guys listed thanx oyea and my stock alt does 80 amps but is said 2 do a bit more. So tht sucks. Man I dnt want to shovel out the cash for this but looks like ill ruin my amp or subs if I dont

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5464
i wouldn't even run that system until you get the electrical taking care of.

what happened to your stock alt. being 140a.?

Silver Member

Post Number: 523
Tht was second hand information I called for myself and checked thy said 80 amp but does more

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2576
idiot, they dont stick things on this forum

the only good thing about this forum is the people and help you can get here. Otherwise this place is sh1tty as he11

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5465
"the only good thing about this forum is the people and help you can get here. Otherwise this place is sh1tty as he11"

totally agree. but not everyone here should be helping, there are some complete idiots here.

but to say it again, i wouldn't be running that system off that stock electrical.

Silver Member

Post Number: 524
Jus called motorcityrealm they said tht my alt has special insdide parts and tht its going 2 be very hard for me to find some1 2 make me 1 or tht has 1 for my car ughh I'm pissed idk why this setup was reccomended if it can run on stock electrical tht was the whole point of my thread.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

ASU

Post Number: 2125
even if we had stickys... this would not be one.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5466
so true^^. point of a sticky is to help/inform.

this thread has done nothing but show your electrical system is not up to par for your system.

Silver Member

Post Number: 525
Ughh can we just get to the point know 1 else is putting any electrical knowledge down so no this wouldn't be a sticky bcuz the original intent isn't being accomplished. I know were working on my system right now but thts all were workiing on and if u read my original post I said any1 could post electrical info tht pertains to anything. There's no need for u 2 post here unless its something about electrical.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2291
Do like the rest of us and read and learn. Here are some great sites. You will find everything you need and more.

http://www.bcae1.com

http://www.betteraudio.com/geolemon/newmain/battcapalt/

http://glasswolf.net/tutorials/index.html

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

ASU

Post Number: 2126
"There's no need for u 2 post here unless its something about electrical."

if you would do what the other educated people on the forum do and read before you post, you wouldnt have these problems. now im not trying to point you out as the only person who doesnt do research but honestly come on now.

over the past year this forum has gone on a nose dive with stupidity, its quite sad actually.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5467
so why not start? you made the thread wanting it to be a sticky, so post some useful electrical info others can read and learn from/apply. that's the point of a sticky. so don't get mad at others saying don't post here unless it has something to do about electrical when you yourself haven't done anything about it neither. seems like you mistitled a long, drawn out, at often times illegiable, original post which turned out to just be a question on your charging system, not a sticky on charging systems.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4362
Dwight check your email I sent you a PM with everything you need to know to make this work

Gold Member

Post Number: 2292
^^Thats cool M.S.

Silver Member

Post Number: 526
Ok give me 15 mins I will post useful charging system info I'm driving right now

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2835
you dont need to post usefull charging info. the point of this thread was to get you informed and if MS did that end thread....

Silver Member

Post Number: 527
ok thANKS for the help this isnt the way i wanted to turn out lol all my plans back fire.
I Have
bad planning skillsUpload

Silver Member

Post Number: 528
now where do i go to check my PM's cant find it went to new messages but thts something different than PM's

Silver Member

Post Number: 530
MS email me i didnt get your PM so email me directly HOVlike23@tmail.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 2295
The PM's go to the email address that you used to register to the forum.

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 822
yea man i have a camry too but 99 and my alt is 80 amps too, i saw you at woodlawns, people keep telling me to upgrade my amp zx1000.1 to a bigger amp to get more power from the HDC315 but i love how it sounds now and plus i dont have that kinda money to be throwin around on car audio. thats why i just stuck with the zx1000.1 because my car handles that fine. like last yr though i saw on ebay they had HO alts for like 179.99 plus shipping for camry's 99 and up.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 824
matter of fact i found one on ebay, but i dont know if you got 400+ for that ish.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HIGH-OUTPUT-180-AMP-2004-2006-Toyota-Camry-ALTERN ATOR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33573QQihZ017QQitemZ270193642150QQrdZ1QQsspagena meZWD1V

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 825
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HIGH-OUTPUT-180-AMP-2004-2006-Toyota-Camry-ALTERN %20ATOR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33573QQihZ017QQitemZ270193642150QQrdZ1QQsspag ena%20meZWD1V

Silver Member

Post Number: 531
ok i found 1 its 600 dollars!!!!! damnit !!! they said they are one of the only places that can do a HO alt for my car because it has whats called a hairpin style of winding or something like tht. the site is nationsautoelectric.com. they said it comes with a year warranty free shipping and the guy that does them has a masters degree in electrical engineering and that i wont find many places to do them for my car. ughh well looks like i wont be ordering my dd's for a while time to start saving up for this alt

Silver Member

Post Number: 532
o yea they said tht they can give me up to 240 amps between 220 and 240 amps

Silver Member

Post Number: 537
would a 180 amp be good?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4364
Emaild

Silver Member

Post Number: 540
thanks MS so once i get it installed and i check to see how the voltage is then i can deicde but do you only see voltage drops when the system is played at high volumes or always?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6692
Only at high volume.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4374
^^^^^^ yep
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts