Ecoustics Members Opinion

Bronze Member
Username: Comerz

Post Number: 44
I posted this in an earlier thread but didnt get much answers, prolly cuz of thread name, (thanks M.S for your input)

I am on a really tight budget, i was going to go (and might still) with x2 12" alpine type r's with a 1606D hifonics amp. But this is a lot cheaper, would it be worth the price difference?

bxi 606D amp with 1 alpine 12" type R.

Compaired too, bxi 1606D amp with 2 alpine 12" type r's.

Price difference:

606D+1 sub= $330
1606D+2 subs= $560

so yea, just wonderin if id still be able to feel the pound of the base and stuff. Is it worth it to downgrade or jus stick the my orginal setup.

Thanks guys.

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

BUILT NOT BOUGHT, North carolina

Post Number: 578
not to ruin your plan but have you thought about any other sub besides the type R?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5442
x2^. and why all the damn threads? start one and stay with that one. bump it up if you have to, but no need for a new thread on the exact same thing every couple hours.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
it isnt every couple hours bud, i dont know where you get this from. This was the first and i just renamed the title due to the fact noone would look at it, as i mentioned up top.

sorry if this inconvienianced you.

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 868
^I agree, stop with the threads. So the 1606 is only costing you like 150-200? If soo I'd buy two subs over one. Theres no reason to get that amp for just that one sub, you could even downgrade the amp and get enough power for a single type-r for even cheaper.
It WILL be worth the difference to double your power and cone area if you can build a nice ported enclosure for them both. If you want one sub that bad why not get 1 nice sub that will handle that amp instead of overpowering a type-r that much?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5445
i agree, get something other than an r. good budget sub/starter sub (my first subs after getting back into car audio), but overrated imo, and now that best buy sells them you'll have the same subs as the idiots that buy from there. that in itself is enough to not get them. post you total budget and you'll get something better.

Silver Member
Username: 30hrtz

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 137
i think he said a 606 for 1 sub,i can say i got a 606 on a 15in mojo at 1 ohm a friend let me borrow and it is very impressive for hifonics smallest class d amp.But ya on a budget,get the bxi606 and a dual 2ohm type r and build a ported box tuned low youll be happy for a couple days then want to upgrade like the rest of us.Im prolly gonna get a bxi1606 next for the mojo till i gotta give mr. mojo back then i'll run 2 15s off it.good luck.bass is as addicting as alcahol,so be careful or get a good job.

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 506
if i were you i would look into some FI ssd's, audioque sd2.5 or some RE SE you going to need lil more power to power the SE's though i think

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5537
get the AQ sd2.5 great bang for the buck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
k thx

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 145.2 ..., Pa Usa