Great price on a Sundown SAZ-1500d

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4337
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274992

Saw it and thought I'd post it up here in case anyone is looking for one of these.........

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 504
Damnit I just paid 475 shipped for bnib! I should of waited lol I thought I was exclusive with this amp and not a lot of ppl had 1 I see I'm wrong. I hope it was worth the money bcuz I'm coming from to audiobahn A8000T and tht was 1600 watts total so I hope its an upgrade in spl bcuz I know its a upgrade in quality

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2045
u werent getting 1600 from 2 of those amps ... they are rated at 14 volts and u werent running 14 volts im assuming ud be lucky to get 1300 out of the pair ... the sundown will do 1500 at 12 volts

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5441
$475 bnib from a dealer is good (could've gotten better though, i paid a good bit less than that for mine). but yeah, if you would've searched you could have gotten it alot cheaper. and no way are you exclusive with it, probably one of the most popular amps right now. and it's a lot better than the audiocrap amps you had before, and with a good charging system you'll see alot more than 1500w @ 1ohm.

Bronze Member
Username: Marcooo

Post Number: 66
I got one for $450 from Kevin a few months back and now I'm looking for another one. Found one for $350 shipped (refurbished) sides that $450 is the cheapest I know of from a dealer. Where'd you get your's ctmike and for how much?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5444
can't say, but lower than $450:-)

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 507
big edge head got his for 325 shipped. what would be a good charging system im getting an odyssey pc 1500 and big 3 done is tht good enough? o yea my stock alt is rated at 140amp but ohio gen said it does more like 160

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
ctmike

big edge head? Don't know him... would you mine asking him where he got it for me Dwight? Plzzzz need sumthing to power my new DD 9515

And Dwight I currently have one SAZ-1500D and my electrical upgrades are: 220 Iraggi "Amputator" alt, Yellowtop (starter), Kinetik HC800 (in back), and Big 3 (plus sum other wires) using 0 guage

When I get my 2nd 1500D I'ma get 2 or 3 more KHC800's lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
PS Dwight, I'd consider working a HO alt into your budget, especially if your idle is real low. Although 160 amp is the best I've heard of for a stock alt lol And like I've seen MS say in other threads, if your stock battery works fine then replacing it won't help any with electrical problems if you don't upgrade your alt
Something along those lines lol

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 612
yeah need a bigger alt imo,nice amp tho ive considered one

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2834
bigger battery in back and dont run it hard at idle and you will be fine...

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4358
That stock alt will probably be enough for that amp. Those sundown are are highly efficient.

That Odyssey 1500 is a mean battery for its size. An HO alternator is always good to have though, but if you get voltage drops then it's a must have.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us