Whats Subs To Get...

Bronze Member
Username: Tycoonbob

Post Number: 48
Ok, so im buying a scion Xb, wanting a new system to put in it. It will be a daily driver. Wanting 2 12's. wanting it at about 2 ohm on the amp. looking to pay about $800 for 2 subs and amp and box. Brands im looking at right now are DD and audioque. But im not limited to those. What do you think would sound good in the trunk of a scion xb. please help.

Thinking about DD9100 12's

please also say if I would need to add a battery or not. or any other electrical upgrades needed. I plan to change the alt to about 180-200 amp and do a big 3 upgrade.

Silver Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 134
si bm's
rd aduio has some good subs and amps
sundwon amp
kicker
ascendant audio arsenals
just a few good choices

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 145.2 ..., Pa Usa

Post Number: 476
what kind of sound sq sql spl also ground pounder or rock

Silver Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 135
si bm's
rd aduio has some good subs and amps
sundwon amp
kicker amps
ascendant audio arsenals
just a few good choices

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2828
dd 9112's retail for ur budget so your looking at wrong subwoofer for your budget. we need to know what your looking for. also, dd 9100's are mostly sq subs....if u didnt know

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2829
how much wattage are you looking to run on these two 12's?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
well i dont know for sure on the wattage, but prolly around 1500+ but here is a little scenario. there is only about 25 cars in my town with subs. and the best in my opion is 2 12" L7's. and that is exactly what my best friend is also getting. and i know those arnt sq subs, but i want better and louder than my friends. i will up my budget to 1000 to get the subs and amp to get better.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
i want a setup thats louder than 2 12" L7s. will spend 1000 on subs and amp if need be. also, what do you all think about fusion subs?

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 513
RD elites are on sale this month you can get to RE SE's on ebay for like 350 shipped I really want some1 hop on those SE's and you can get a nice amp with the other 450 maybe a kicker 1500.1 depending on the vc config on the SE's if I were you I would go with tht or you can get a budget hifonics amp the SE's and get woodlawn cabinetry to make you a custom box and you'll be in there they will sound waaay better than the L7's I know I had 2 10" at 1 point

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5449
subs:
http://cgi.ebay.com/07-WMD-12-subwoofers-handmade-in-USA-COMPETITION-SQL_W0QQite mZ120192445327QQihZ002QQcategoryZ18803QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

amps:
http://kluvkustoms.com/cgi-bin/online/storepro.php

should come to $850 for the subs/amps shipped.

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 870
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kicker-ZX2500-1-Monoblock-amplifier-2500-watts_W0 QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38638QQihZ017QQitemZ270192109361QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Kicker 2500, That's a bit more power than you were asking for but for about 450 that's pretty fair.

Some Fi BL 12's w/cooling would be about 600 shipped, so $1050, or w/out cooling it would be more like 975.

We did a swap out from a kicker L7 12 to a Fi BL 12 and the Fi was soo much better sounding, not to mention much louder to the ear.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
ya, im liking the wmb,s and the Fi. have you all ever heard fusion subs before?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us