Anyone who know DD subs....

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 1935
Whats the maximum clean power you would give a 9515G with cf dust cap for daily use?

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

DD9515G VFL 200.1 = : , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1110
mine takes 3,000 watts perfectly fine.. i'd say in the 3-4k range

Gold Member

Post Number: 1936
ya mines taking 2700ish now. i was just wondering if they could handle 4000-4500. btw where'd u get that VFL 200.1, how much you pay and hows the quality

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4305
I'll answer that since I have the same amp..... AB VFL amps own in quality. They can be run at .7 stable daily if desired. I got mine for $515 on caraudio.com new.

As for the sub, I have a 9515f. I wouldn't put more than 3000 watts on it daily. For burps they can take a ton, like 4-5kw.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1938
what other brand of amps are the AB VFL series close too?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4308
What do you mean. They build their own amps.......

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2821
no need for 4500 daily on one sub. wont see good results in the long range. one minor clip at that much wattage is potentially fatal. i'd say more subs or upgrade sub if your not happy w/ 2700 watts on single 15. MY OPINION

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 13264
lol...anywhere from 2500-3000rms daily thats about all..unless ur ready for a recone...

Bronze Member
Username: Marcooo

Post Number: 64
Could a 9515d take 2500-3000 daily? What about a 9512f?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6076
Lots of people have run 9515s on 4k RMS daily without problems.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Turtles have four legs

Post Number: 3483
Sup with your massive amp snarl. Is it still acting up.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1942
ya ive been emailing massive and its gunna cost me like 150 +shipping to get it fixed.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4329
" Could a 9515d take 2500-3000 daily? What about a 9512f? "

Yes and yes

" ive been emailing massive and its gunna cost me like 150 +shipping to get it fixed. "

See if an independent repair service will do it cheaper

Gold Member

Post Number: 1945
do you have anyweb sites of any repair shops?

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 672
you guys are all retarded :P

1500 rms is PLENTY!!!!!!!!!!

2000 rms for an extended amount of time will melt your coil.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 673
However that same coil will take 10,000rms for short periods of time :D

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4341
A 9500 will take up to 3kw on music. DD themselves used to have the spec listed on the web site.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 674
Well if you believe that then your retarded haha.

I can tell you from experience a 95/99 coil will NOT handle that amount of current.
When you say "daily", its a loose term, some play the stereo at different levels.
If you were to feed a continuous 3000 watts of current to the sub it will melt the coil.

Trust me guys.

Hell, feed your sub 1500 rms at 20hz and let me know how many minutes till it starts to smell.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4342
" Well if you believe that then your retarded haha. "

Yeah, im retarded for going by a spec published by the manufacturer (and not just any brand this is DD)

" If you were to feed a continuous 3000 watts of current to the sub it will melt the coil. "

It probably would. But why the hell would you even do that for an extended length of time. I said the sub will handle 3000 watts on MUSIC, not a test tone.

And I just thought I'd link this up for anyone interested in the different models of DD subs and what each is best suited for:

http://forum.soundpressure.com/showthread.php?t=47

(sticky thread on the DD forum)

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 675
YOUR WRONG!
(btw i was jokin about the "retard" hence the haha)

3000 watts of continuous music will fry that coil, depending on the song and the low end that is in the mix will determine how long the coil will last.

I've blown more DD subs than anybody on this forum.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4348
Oh really. Well my sub should have been blown a long time ago if that were true. And I've thrown a lot of bass mekanik at it at full volume.

My charging system 200 amp alternator and Odyssey 1500 amp battery holds a solid 13.8 volts, and my VFL-200.1 is rated to do 3000 watts at that voltage. Not to mention that amp is a little underrated. Gain was set with a DMM. Subsonic filter at 37hz just below box tuning.

Now if I feed it a test tone for a minute or so at 3000 watts, it starts to smell the coil. Tried that once. But it is just fine on music.

DD, and the DD forum wouldn't say it if it weren't true.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 676
Ok now i know you're retarded.

Do you know what a test tone is?

How is it any different than bass mekanix?

AS I SAID....ITS RELATIVE TO THE AMOUNT OF LOW END IN THE MIX...

Bass Mekanix songs have bass straight through the song, yes the frequency varies but the "current" is still there.

SO!!!.....yeah, a 200.1 full tilt with VanHalen playing on the DD would probably have a chance....get what i'm sayin yet?

The thing is when you say "Daily", it misleads people. Often times daily is interpreted as how much power you can throw at a sub full volume all day.
Thats what daily is, the max amoun of power without hurting your subs....3000rms will fry yor subs, if you think it wont you are an idiot.

Learn the difference between continuous current and correlate that with music power, then you'll understand music power isnt much different than continuous current with certain songs/types of music.

btw, this is awesome, patriots are losing to the ravens right now :D

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4350
Funny how it's only your DDs that blow on 3kw music isn't it? Mine, mike's, and the few others that have them are doing just fine........

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5611
Zac is perfectly right.

The 95's are handle ALOT of power for short periods, but 3k+ on steady music and you are talking death.

Yea, you an run a 3kw amp on em daily, but that doesn't mean you will actually be giving it 3kw. Its all about the music/tones you are playing. Try some rap or rock w/ non-constant bass...ok, cool...it lives. Now try some Bass Man Magic Mike "3min bass drop", death.

Or better yet, play some 'normal' rap...then pop in 'late nite tip'. Your car will smell like burned coil for weeks (I know, I have done this :-))

I even got alil smoke out the port w/ a 9515D on an IA20.1 after 2 songs (Hypnotize). Yes not a really clean signal going to it, but it was a ~2kw amp. It took the same sub and hooked it to the wall and metered it. It last over 45mins of playing w/ it. Then, my cab never smelled the same again (Nick V can vouch for that one)

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5612

quote:

Funny how it's only your DDs that blow on 3kw music isn't it? Mine, mike's, and the few others that have them are doing just fine........

Me, and I'm guessing Zac too, are talking from an average consumers stand point. As we would be selling subs to the public.

The average joe usually just blasts his sh1t and lets it go. So, 3kw daily for him is stupid. Now...me or zac (and others that know/care about their subs/amps) could easily run 4kw+ amps to 95's daily. We know how far to push the subs...not to just blast em.

You have to match the consumer to their level of know-how AND budget. Just think, would you let your buddy run his type-r's on 1200wrms all day????

Hell, I have my gains set w/ my HU on 35 and I ride w/ it on 10-12. Even when I show the truck at the shop, I only run it up to 28-30 depending on the song. And that is usually bout 15-20sec.

Bronze Member
Username: Circa09skater

Post Number: 56
this is to zac...patriots won

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4353
" Yea, you an run a 3kw amp on em daily, but that doesn't mean you will actually be giving it 3kw. Its all about the music/tones you are playing. "

Very true. Thats what I've been trying to say but I guess I didnt make it clear enough........

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 677
tyler :P you suck lol, for the record if anybody seen it they lost twice, first was the stupid time out taken by the ravens the second was the offsides right after that when they clearly stopped them on 4th down for the second time.
But oh'well, i'm a packer fan anyways, i jus wanted ta see the patriots lose :D

Ravens gave that game to them at least 3 times, dummies.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6087
Driving had his 9515F powered by a Memphis 4Kw for quite some time and he was playing it balls out. I was surprised it lasted as long as it did. Read around over on Soundpressure, there's a few guys throwing crazy power at their 9515s.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 678
thank you Canaan that was my point entirely, you worded it much better.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6100
All I can say is that my 3515s have never gotten any bit stinky

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15892
throw your 9512 in your ride with your 4 kicker amps going to it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6106
That would finish it off for sure lol. I don't want to blow it up just yet :-) I'm waiting to get my 9515F back from DD.

Bronze Member
Username: 2003f150

Biloxi, Mississippi

Post Number: 59
I can get my 2 9515F's stinky in about 30 sec of hypnotize or anything below tuning. It all depends on clipping level and imp. curve at that point. They are on a Z1A.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1079
I'll be running around 3k-4k very soon on my 9515D. Zac and Canaan have very good points. There is a limit to the subs, the average user doesn't know that, so 3k daily would be dangerous for them lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us