What do you think of this sq setup?

Silver Member
Username: Tips

Post Number: 192
I'm looking for sq, and im thinking about purchasing this setup.

diamond audio HEX 6500s components ($290)
powered by a JL Audio 300/2 ($220)

Audioque hd15 ($265)
powered by a Kicker ZX1000.1 ($290)

you think there is anything i should replace? I'm at the limit of my budget.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 1202
For SQ, I wouldn't go with AQ, that's more SQL, from the sound of it. New RD Elite sounds sick, but I'm waiting for reviews, SSA Icon, I'm tired. Someone will be thinking better than I.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2116
get a FI Q on a zx1000

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
isn't fi spl more than sq? i tihnk i read that somewhere but i might be wrong...

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5511
AA havoc

Silver Member

Post Number: 194
where can i find the AA havoc?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3151
The Hex's want more power than 150RMS (try 200) but if you can get that JL for $220... buy it.

And Cam is right, the Q will be much better for SQ than the HDC3.

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 463
I think an RD sonance 15" would be great on tht amp sonance is a SQ sub with great output tht loves the lows. (Not sure about the voice coil config on the sonance tho) check it out to see if it will work @ 2 ohms. PLUS THERE ON SALE THIS MONTH. If tht doesn't work look into some soundsplinter subs.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5439
you've heard a sonance dwight? if so give a review cause i don't think anyone else here has heard one yet.

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 466
No I haven't heard it but by descriptions and from kevin holden it is a SQ sub tht can be used in SQL setups it has good output and is GREAT with the lows I think the 12" has 750 RMS. I hope your not starting this smart mouth stuff again just trying 2 help this guy out with a suggestion. But if ur not then nevermind lol. But imo this would be a good sub for what he is looking for.

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
i havea california profile amp that puts out 200x2rms, could i use that to power the hex's? I was thinking about it, but i want the best sq, and i figured a better quality amp is what i should go for.

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
someone else suggested i use cadence amps instead of the ones i have to save money, and put in money to get focal k2's....

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7311
"someone else suggested i use cadence amps instead of the ones i have to save money, and put in money to get focal k2's...."

i can almost gurantee that caraudioforum.com suggested cadence didnt they?

Silver Member

Post Number: 197
yea they did... why? i decided to post this on both forums to get more input, although ive never really used caraudioforum before.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7313
i say that only cause cadence gets mentioned in every thread over there lol. it is impossible to find a thread where someone doesnt mention cadence. nothing wrong with them at all.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5514
i wouldnt bother with candence

Silver Member

Post Number: 198
whats wrong with candence?
you think the jl audio and kicker would be better sq than candence?
candence saves me like 80 dollars... which i could use to get some focal k2's over the hex 600s's, if doing that is even a good call in the first place...

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4293
Cadence Daytona series amps are great, really HIGH efficiency. I wouldn't go with their other stuff though.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5516
yeah i dont know which ones your talking about but i have a feeling your talking about their lower line because you said its pretty cheap. so i wouldnt bother with it they arent anything special.

generally you get what you pay for. save money and get exactly what you want the first time or it will end up costing you more in the long run.

i would stick with your plan with the jl, hex, kicker and a havoc or maybe a sundown 1000d which is a little more $ or if you can wait order the new AQ amp.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2119
get a zx1000.1, a 12" Q, diamond s600s's, and a zx350.4 and that way you can run 175 rms to each diamond...

i have s600s on a ED nine.4 and i wish i could give them more (im giving em around 170 with the car on) they are power hungry.......

Silver Member

Post Number: 200
damn. maybe i should look into getting a 200rmsx2 amp. i have a California profile amp that is 200x2rms, i know its not that good quality of an amp, and i feel like I'm not gonna give the diamonds the quality the deserve with it...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us