Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2267
http://www.teamssaudio.com/video/play.php?vid=181

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5606
Yep...just saw it posted over on Ca.com.

Reminds me of the NRG Audio amps I tested...Makes me sick.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2268
I mean, I understand what he is saying. Its just sickening actually hearing it. From a business sense he is absolutely correct. At the same time, he sounds like they just dont give a Fu(k about the consumer, and I'm sure they dont cause their pockets are just getting fatter.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5607
Yea...Some of our Reps have tried to set us up w/ brands like Boss, Pyle, Lanzar, etc. They automatically assume that since we are a Pawn Shop and Audio Shop...we want to sell cheap sh1t and burn out customers. That couldn't be farther from the truth.

I would much rather sell a true 1200w amp in they shop. We explain power ratings to people and go out of our way to help em out.

But if just just don't want to listen and are stuck on a certain brand, or on what other shops/buddies tell em....Its always nice to be able to put your 1200w amp/sub up against there '2000w' amp/sub and walk all over it.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6063
Well although I don't like over-rated amps he does prove a good point about the way the market works. It will help US Amps grow for sure but you'll see noobs buying them up and not people that know what they're doing...oh well. This is old news to me though, I've known what they were doing for a bit now.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 1195
Yeah, if their upper lines are still quality, then I can understand his reasoning.

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 585
i knew all this lol it alsoo keeps them from going bankrupt again,it was costing to much to hand make all them here in the us,3 times as much i was told,im not going by gossip either,if im correct rob i know one of your buds to,one that owns auto audio in tullahoma?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2269
I've known that the exterminator line is overrated as well. But its just something about hearing it from the VP of the company. And yes it does help them from losing money, anybody who watched the video could have figured that out by what he said.

What does costing too much to hand make the amps in the U.S. have anything to do with what the video was about?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4272
I agree that over rating amps is not good for the industry in general. However, those amps are good quality and accurate ratings are available if you know where to look:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4414

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 507
If they did not care about the customer, they would not be worried about making products to cater to the different customers. It is the way they chose to develop the line and market it to the masses. The Merlins and AX lines are consistently under ratted as it is.

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 1932
it says the video was removed...what was it?

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 605
merlins are made like the ax series now,but price on them went up

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 1934
are ax series worse?

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 593
what exactly does the video say..i clicked the link and it says it's been removed

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 11350
Basically that their mass market amps are overrated due to market competition. "Everyone's doing it so why can't we" approach. Without the sales of these overrated amps they can't generate the $$$ for R&D on truly rated amps.

It's a sad splash in the face. It is what it is, business.......

Gold Member

Post Number: 2273
Yeah. The main man at U.S. Amps made them remove the videos. This particular video was an interview with JR, the VP of US Amps. He was basically saying how they market the exterminator line to the uninformed consumer. Saying that US Amps is still kind of an underground company compared to the likes of more known companies. So to make a profit they have to embellish the ratings to spark interest to those consumers. He said that the most wanted amps right now are in the 2000 watt range and even though its not 2000 watts that it doesnt matter cause the people dont have the charging to support 2000 watts. What I found interesting is that he also said that they are turning 100% profit each year.

But like paul said, its business.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4306
AX series are excellent quality, US Amps best line. Very few others stand up to them.

The Merlin line was their mid level but they are on par with the AX series now.

Xterminator is their lowest line. Good quality amplifiers but they aren't CEA rated, so published ratings were not obtained through standard testing methods. Also the model numbers don't represent the ratings.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us