Check this sh.t out ....

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 737
ok my friend is getting a new system. ok he is getting the mtx 81001 mono amp. rated at 1500 rms at 1 ohm. what do u guys think ould be better 2 alpine type r's 10 inch or 2 kicker cvx 10 inch. he has a 2000 1500 chevy silverado and he is getting box custom made to go underneath his seats he dont want the seats taken out. so getting a custo box made and that am witch subs would be the best for the price. the alpines are 2 for 190 bucks and kickers are 249 for 2 . help plzz need help fast let me know..

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 408
Well, I can tell ya that the only subs that are going to fit in such an enclosure is the CVX 10's.

And the only way there going to fit is either up or down firing because there isn't the room to mount them forward firing.

I know because I built my share of enclosures for silverado ex cab trucks for enclosures that go under the back seats and there just ain't enough room for the Alpines unless the Silverado owner is going to use a lift kit to raise the seats the few inches.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 743
no he wont do the lift kit. but yea how would they fire up? thatd be a weird setup in that amount of space. and firing down idk that sounds like it wouldnt work. again hes going with seperate sub boxes. on each side. but he has subs now and there facing forward. why wont the cvx work? the magnants are to bigg????

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 744
bump....

Gold Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 1057
just measure it

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 410
Michael,

The subs won't mount on the front simply because there's the subs frame diameter is greater than the height which to my knowledge given the silverado boxes I've built in the past is 10".

However, if the front was angled to gain the surface area, it might be possible provided the subs physical dimensions don't conflict with hitting any of the interior surfaces when mounted.

Actually, if the subs were fired down, they would load off the floor increasing the bass response, but, that would also depend on how much space would be needed vs having mounting depth/clearance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us