Jensen MV9312 - How about an O.S. upgrade!?!

Username: _death_

Post Number: 1
For what this unit costs and what we get, it's operating shell is quite sparse. The graphics are incredibly boring as well..embarrassing really. The software writer has a 7 inch screen to capitalize on and we get these boring, square, stone white and blue graphics???

Ugh!

The menu's functions are really weak as well. I burn music videos but there's no way to surf through them, what a useless menu system. There's also not a play list building function, another negative to the unit.
And why is there no TV tuner??
USB?
I know quite a bit about electronics, I modify, design and build preamps for guitar and instrument oriented purposes from the ground up. For my $320 this unit should be more highly functional and cutting edge, two things it's really not.

I'm don't mean to trash the unit, I'm glad I bought it but I'm also disappointed after having owned it for about 5 or 6 months now. When someone lectures me about cost to functionality, my rebuttal is simple. For $600-$700, I can buy a laptop with an FM tuner card and mount it on my dash!
Lets see the engineers top that with their head units in that price range.

The point is, the least the designers could do is write us a few firmware operating shells to choose from with different graphics schemes. The OEM is so god awful I'm surprised no ones created a hacked o.s. to replace it. I see them for Ipod and Ipod knock offs all the time, no reason this unit should be left to fade away when it can be easily upgraded to keep up with the competition.

Bronze Member
Username: Jayce2000

Post Number: 34
Yuo purchased the lowest end JENSEN VM unit they make. The TV tuners dont work for crap in a car which is the main reason they dumped that feature and they do offer USB for those who spend more $$$$$$. I suggest you EBAY the 9312 and step- up to the 9512 or some one elses unit with the features you want. It's only a $250 unit, you got what you paid for..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
You purchased the lowest end JENSEN VM unit they make. The TV tuners dont work for crap in a car which is the main reason they dumped that feature and they do offer USB for those who spend more $$$$$$. I suggest you EBAY the 9312 and step- up to the 9512 or some one elses unit with the features you want. It's only a $250 unit, you got what you paid for..

Post Number: 2
Multimedia Dude, why do you even bother?
First of all, it's not even close to the lowest end model, you're an idiot. The lower end models aren't even touch screen, pull your head out of your @ss. This is an upper mid grade product from an affordable priced model line.

Secondly, I design and build my own electronic circuits, don't tell me I got what I paid for when you clearly know absolutely nothing beyond the red wire goes to the hot and the black wire goes to the ground.
For what I paid, the unit should have a better menu interface and better graphics. It should also have a faster processor.

As far as TV tuners go, if you actually traveled outside the one horse redneck town you live in, you'd know that in the city there's plenty of channels to be picked up. If you're around a satellite dish or large antenna and on a camp ground, guess what?
You can aim your antenna right at one and feed off the reception.

I suggest you pull your head out of your @ss and actually learn something rather than buying products in an attempt to boost yourself up in the eyes of the ignorant. You probably waste every penny you spend on hi-fi playing rap music anyway. You're rude, ignorant and arrogant-obvious signs of a rap fan and often enough, wannabe rapper.

As I already said, the unit needs a better menu interface and graphics which could easily be upgraded by Jensen's software development department but as we all know, based on the OEM menu and graphics, they're too lazy to bother.

Lastly, check around the boards. No one owning this model got it for $250, yet another lie from a narcissist. I got mine for $300 with shipping, the absolute cheapest this unit could be had for both then AND now. Here you are spouting off like you know everything when you clearly know nothing.

I suppose Mommy has done everything for you in life with her charge card.

Username: Naplesbill

Post Number: 2
Jon Death,

You DO have the lowest model CURRENTLY offered by Jensen. Why you choose to attack the other poster is confusing. His answer is mostly accurate to your initial post. TV tuners are not too useful for MOST people. If you must have a TV tuner at a campground there are plenty of options. If you're going to emphasize your background, you should be able to do a little research. Here is a link to the current line of Jensen Multimedia products:

http://mobile.jensen.com/jensen/JensenController.do?ACTION_TYPE_ID=ACTION_TYPE_C ATEGORY&ACTION_CATEGORY_ID=STR_CATEGORY_MOBILEMULTIMEDIA

I understand what you are trying to say, but try the competition. You'll pay a lot more for a lot less. I recently replaced a Pioneer AVIC-D3 with a Jensen VM9022. You can see my reasoning and impressions of the VM9022 here:

http://www.jensenice.com/viewtopic.php?t=3

Post Number: 3
I'm very well researched.
At the time of this purchase, there was easily close to a dozen other models coming from Jensen and the Audiovox/Jensen partnership. While almost all those models have vanished now, this was the mid grade unit of the bunch. You can even search the model numbers, get a link directly to the Jensen and Audiovox websites and what do ya know? Even their websites no longer showcase them.
The lower end line wasn't touch screen for starters but, same chips, same base code for the firmware and same exterior design.

My background is that I'm actually behind a soldering iron designing and building analog circuits and know a bit about digital as well. Considering yourself tech savy because you order electronics with a credit card is genuinely hysterical. Sure, you may be able to afford something more expensive but, I'll still put my intelligence up against yours and the rude turd you're defending.

The original reply was rude and condescending, clearly the attitude of a spoiled brat that thinks they're better than someone because mommy handed him the world.
Give it a rest already!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
This is getting funnier by the messages added. There is no model lower in the Jensen line than the 9312. The 9311TS was touch screen model as well with the same features as your 9312 , just a newer GUI on the 12 series radios. The best unit they came out with was the NON touch VM9510 which had the same screen as the $2300 Alpine model. I will have to take the challenge on the TECH SAVY part, it's going to be hard to compete with the ex-product manager for Jensen from 2000-2006 but you never know.

Username: Naplesbill

Post Number: 4
JD, while the other guys post was a little sarcastic it didn't warrant the condescending and personal attack of your response. Get over yourself. You don't know me or the other guy. What is the point in trying to make judgements on which you have no basis.

FYI, I have been in the IT industry for 17 years. That's right, employed gainfully dealing with HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE. You seem to feel you are above all in your knowledge. Just because you can solder a circuit means absolutely nothing to anyone here. Soldering ability does not make you a software design and usability expert. That's why it takes an analyst to work between users and programmers/hardware design guys. I'll take your intelligence challenge any day you are ready. What a stupid comment to make to someone you have read one post from. Wow, you are so smart we should all bow down to your mightiness. You are attacking me for no reason whatsoever. That tells me all I need to know about your intelligence. The fact that you bought the 9312 and expect the performance of the 9412 should be your first clue to get a clue.

While I do agree there are areas for improvement, the usability is much better than anything I've personally experienced. This includes the Pioneer AVIC-D3. I have also owned two Eclipse AVN units and two other Pioneer flip-out units. A pretty interface is not as important as a functional one. The '07 Jensen interface is pretty damn good when it comes to actual usability. There are a couple of minor shortcomings but for the price I find it an amazing value. Show me something as feature laden for a better price.

For the past three years the Jensen Multimedia units have been numbered using 93xx, 94xx, 95xx and 90xx. The 90xx and 95xx are mostly the same with one being a flip-out style and the other a double-din. There are a few other variations such as the UV7 and UV8 but they are essentially the same as the 93xx. If you really did your research you would know this.

Post Number: 4
LMAO

Buddy, I don't care how many years you've been taking orders from guys younger than you that get bigger paychecks, I'll put my overall knowledge and ability in EVERYTHING up against yours and the original douche bag throwing his arrogance around since so many of you clearly have no life.

This message board has proven to be no different than any other. A bunch of twits sitting around with nothing better to do so you troll a forum looking to stir up drama in hopes it will eat away a few hours of your day when the boss isn't looking over your shoulder.

Feel free to buy my album when it comes out, you'll have no doubts as to who I am when it's being sold on every shelf in the world.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1794
lol at this thread for real...... ha ha all HUs look like trash..... and if you realy want a gui you can design go the carputer route...... for the price a mid range hu (flip out) 600$ you can make your own car pc

and whats wrong with rap music

lemme know when ur cd drops so i can buy a copy too

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1802
"Feel free to buy my album when it comes out, you'll have no doubts as to who I am when it's being sold on every shelf in the world."

i still wanna know who you are
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us