Need help on whitch to buy???? help plzzz

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 735
ok my friend is getting a new system. ok he is getting the mtx 81001 mono amp. rated at 1500 rms at 1 ohm. what do u guys think ould be better 2 alpine type r's 10 inch or 2 kicker cvx 10 inch. he has a 2000 1500 chevy silverado and he is getting box custom made to go underneath his seats he dont want the seats taken out. so getting a custo box made and that am witch subs would be the best for the price. the alpines are 2 for 190 bucks and kickers are 249 for 2 . help plzz need help fast let me know..

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 736
bumppppp

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

ASU

Post Number: 2118
i would probably do the kickers. thats a pretty good price for them. you better make sure that they will fit under the seats first tho.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 739
yea they wil but its the area he has barely any room he has 2 10 kenwoods now but its sealed and sux. so idk i don tthink the recomended box fo rthose subs wil fit underneath so what should he do it sounds shi..t..y right now. but would the kickers sound good sealed? with teh mtx 81001 amp it deos 1500 rms at 1 ohm. but the ported recomended box fo rteh sub is liek 1.3-1.8 or sumthing. so idk if that would fit???

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 235
i put my cvx in a sealed box once but obviously putting an spl sub in a sealed enclosure is pointless and it was disappointing.

i would suggest getting 2 sq subs instead of spl subs for your friend. Type Rs and CVXs get loud but sacrifice some sq. if he goes with either of those two choices, they have to be ported.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 741
ok. thanx. but he does want sql. and what other subs for that price are just as good and handle 750 rms???

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 846
Why not port 1 instead of cramping two?

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 745
no underneath his seat on each left and right side u can have a sub on each of those sides lol. itd be retarded getting 1 sub cuz ud stil have all that space and not be loud enough.

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 412
Michael,

It' not impossible to put 2 subs ported under the seat of silverado:

This a box with 2 JL 10w3V2's ported and what you can't see in the pic is between the subs is an amp tray covered with a trim panel.

Upload

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 746
ok woodlawn u just said in my other thread it wasnt cuz ud have to fire em up or down lol. but anyways why do u have the box doubled up on teh face ? for w3 jl's ? but yea does it soudn good when firing up? and wil the subs pound hard enough to hit teh seat underneath? and where ure talkign bout the amp tray thats wear the floor goes up in teh center.. so do u mean the box has a amp tray built in?? do u build boxes? if so how much?

Silver Member

Post Number: 413
Mike,

I never said you couldn't do a ported enclosure in the other thread, I said for the size of the subs as to the frame diameter, there's not enough height to mount on the front.

However, I did say that if the front were angled, it may be possible to mount the subs on the front baffle provided the amount of the angle needed didn't conflict with the sub mounting without coming into contact with any of the interior surfaces.

Yes, I did say that the only manner of mounting the subs would be either up or down firing.

I don't have the subs " doubled up " where their mounted, the subwoofers are " recessed which requires using layers of mdf in order to recess the subs below the surface so even with the seat down, the subs will not come in to contact seat bottom at full excursion.

From what the customer told me the enclosure/subs bass response, it sounds good and hits hard and loud for what he wanted.

Here's where the amp tray is on the enclosure:

Upload
Upload

And Yes, I do build boxes:

www.woodlawncabinetry.com

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 748
ok ui understand now. ok now this box is probably what my friend mike woudld luv. and im gon atalk him into buyign this box just liek this oen from you. and hed luv how the amp rack is uilt into teh box. nice job btw. wel im gona ask you how muc hdo u charge for this box to be built and shipped to the zip cod eof 53848?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12549
Phil - man that box looks damn sweet ....

Silver Member

Post Number: 414
Michael,

Keep in mind this enclosure is designed to be used with the JL subs I mentioned, ya can't just throw any subs into this enclosure and expect to sound/perform as it did for the JL's.

The design of the enclosure pictured will not support the recommended spec's for the Kickers CVx's, so, your friend is going to have to ditch the kickers and get the JL's 2 JL 10w3V2's.

Or

Go with another subwoofer that will fit within the design limitations of the enclosure per the spec's already establish for the design and more important, subs that will fit.

Cost $ 235.00

As for shipping, can't quote ya that because the zip code ain't coming up as a valid zip code.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 749
damm he wil be dissapointed that the subs he wants wont fit. and 235 thats kinda expensive. but the jl's prolly wouldnt be as lud as teh kickers would they?

Silver Member

Post Number: 418
Hey, what can I tell ya other than I knocked the cost of the enclosure down from what it would of cost ya because at this time of year, I always knock down the cost another 30% of what the regular cost is.

Merry Christmas

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4333
They will probably be louder than the kickers in a incorrect enclosure....... thats what makes all the difference.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 750
ms ye si know teh enclosure makes allot of differnce. but idk he sai dhes already ordering teh kickers in 3 day i just talked ot him. but didnt u say the kickers wil fit in that box if he has them facing up just liek teh box u have? can u make them work in that box or not? let me know asap. thanx

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 751
and the box he ha snow is angled so teh subs are in the front of teh box facing forward and its angled too. so would the kickers work if they were angled to? with liek the same port u have in that box with teh same amp tray?

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 752
mounting depth kickers: 5 15/16" mounting depth

mountign depth jl w3 subs: 5.93 how woudl teh kickers not work? not saying ure rong but im just asking. i f they were andgled woudl they stil soudn as good as tehy would facing up?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4339
I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'll bet you don't have enough space (cu.ft.) for the kickers.

Tell your friend NOT to go buy those kickers until he has PLANNED out the system and knows what enclosure can fit, then choose subs that will work in that enclosure.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 753
yea for teh cu ft for the kickers is 1.25 - 1.75 cu ft per sub. so i don tthink its gona work. fu..ck he is already wantign them subs. and sealed is .8-3.00 cu ft but he has sealed box and it sounds distorted and crappyyy. would the kickers sound good in sealed?

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 754
Upload

this is the box he has now with his kenwood subs. except it dnt cut in in teh center it goes streight across flat peice of wood.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 755
oh and woodlawn teh amp hes gettign wouldnt fit in that amp rack in teh box. he is gettign the mtx 81001 amp

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 756
we might just use teh sealed box he has now. but idk if they wil fit with the surounding teh kickers has for teh screws. do kickers soudn good sealed. wil they get loud and hit hard?

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 757
bumpp

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 241
dont waste the CVXs by sealing them...

if you're asking "can he?" sure he can, but dont do it. CVXs are very good budget subs when ported.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 758
so ure sayign dont put em in teh sealed box? that sall he can really do cuz he is gettign the cvx's but everyoen sais they wont fit in hsi truck and stuff. will they soudn good ported or not? or just distort and soudn liek s..t????? why do u say dont do it

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4344
Your firend is an idiot if he buys CVXs and tries to put them in too small a box.

There would be much better performance from subs that are designed for that airspace

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 759
heres the subs he has now...kenwood
kfc-w2510

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 760
bumpp.. ok what other kind of subs woudl do teh same power an dhandle 1500 rms together for 240 for 2 of them???

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 761
bump bump

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5448
bump after 3mins? someones' impatient.

it might help if you would at least post the max depth of the sub he can get under his seat. i know i'm not going to post every 10" sub that'll handle 750wrms (lots) when they wont work in his truck.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 763
ok sry bout that it didnt go to the top of the list. but yea ill try to get the depth of his seat underneth. but im not asking everysub just a few thatl be decent like the cvx's

Silver Member

Post Number: 419
Jesus Christ, ok, here it is in a nutshell.
Upload
Upload

The graphic's shown are of the full dimensions I have for under the seat of a silverado and I should of been more specific as to what model year it was, in this instance a ( 2004 Silverado Extended Cab ).

OK, the box you put up there is a completely different type of enclosure specific to the 2000 Silverado and oddly enough I have been back and forth with another customer with a 98-99 Silverado.

So, as it has already said by MS & CT Mike, the only d@mn way anything is going to get sorted out is for the EXACT dimensions/measurements for the area under the seats to be known first.

Then and ONLY then will I know what can or cannot be done in terms of:

Volume available given what the design dimensions bear out.

What and if the subwoofer will or will not fit and if a different subwoofer will have to be used.

Type of enclosure - sealed or ported.

I'm sorry if I'm being alittle testy, but, I am trying along with everyone else telling you that what your friend would like vs what is going to work is the cold hard reality that " YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT ".

I have been down this road so many times, it's not even funny, I know that a customer has there heart set on a setup and I try like he!! to do my best to make a design work to give that customer what they want, but, sometimes I also have to end up telling that customer what they want just ain't going to fly.

One last thing and I'll shut up. I have heard systems of all kinds and the one's I have heard with low RMS wattage ( 500 & under ) that sounded and hit pretty d@mn hard and loud.

While, that may not impress anyone outside of your friend, your friend has to take into consideration that for what he has to work with for what he can do is all that going to happen and no more.

I can think of at least 6 different setups, sub/enclosure wise that would work for this, but, there are folks here that would laugh there azz off and tell me to GTFO here, but, I know for a fact they would hit hard, tight and be decently loud.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 764
ok wel sry i cant get teh dimensions now but friday i can. ill post them friday. anyways, wel i know i was being pushy and sry i just really am trying ot help my friend out and tel you the truth he aint smart one bit on a system he was liek ok well ill just cut my box i have now in half and then cut pieces to screw back on teh sides . im liek u idiot for 1 the box isnt near the given specs for teh sub and another thatd just be the dumbest thing you could do, i said save a couple hundred and ill find someone to custom build u a box.hes liek ok. and another thing he sais is how coem the kickers wont fit im liek wel every sub has a diferent cutout . hes liek wel there all 10 inch subs i sai dyea but that dont mean they all are gona fit in a 10 inch hole.. he just dont understand yet. and he has 8gauge wirirng and i tel him to upgrade it. he dont understand that either. btu anyways i am gona try an dget teh dimensions. and hopefully you can figure sumthign out out with the kickers.

ok besides teh kickers what subs do u know of that wil get decently loud and hit hard instead of teh kickers? just name a few.i kno wi can talk him into not getting the kickers. just need to now what ubs u kno of thatl work. thanx for all the help

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 765
bump bump.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5459
again, alot of subs would work with 750w. so stop asking until you get the space he has to work with. without that it's pointless. no one is going to sit here and post a bunch of subs that may or may not fit. it's useless and a waste of time so stop asking.

and you ever consider hooked on phonics? wisconsin education ftl from reading your posts.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 766
ohh would the kicker comp vr subs work? but the recomended box is the same specs lol. idk what other susbs to think of besides jl,kicker,alpine, he likes dd, fi but there to expensive for wut he can get. but he makes 10 bucks a hour working fo rhis dads business they own a grass mowing and snow plowing company. so he get smoney pretty fast .

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5461
how much space does he have to work with? i.e. the max depth for a sub to fit?

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 767
wel i know he has plenty of depth to work ith for the kickers its atleast 12 inches dee or more.

Silver Member
Username: Kravenblood

Ohio Hmmm

Post Number: 338
ok first the box you posted it fits under the seat and he has it right? what is the internal demensions? find the cubic feet of that one.. then we can begin to help with what 10's will fit.. if thats the box style he wants.. did he already get that amp? there are many variables i mean a dayton loudspeaker rss265hf-4 is 5 inches deep sealed box is .6 ported is 1.64 rec tuning is 28hz 350 watts rms wont work with that amp. dont know about box, dont know internal volume by the way the daytons probably sound better than those kickers, may not be as loud. the ho versions might keep up though 600 wrms 1.2 ported tuned to 34 hz but yet we still dont know your air volume lol by the way the daytons are $126 a piece just my 2 cents

Silver Member

Ohio Hmmm

Post Number: 339
.64 sealed for the ho version

Silver Member

Ohio Hmmm

Post Number: 340
or hell phil's box looks like it can fit one 12 make the box one chambered and port it should be able to get same output as 2 10's

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 768
ok well i think that box is liek 2. sumthign cu ft. i forgot. but anyways. idk h elive sin a diff town so idk how id figure it out. and where can he buy these susb ure talking about? and no he didn tget the mtx am p yet. what ampw ould u recomend for these to dayton subs? and he wanst 2 tens lol sry

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 769
wuts teh link to teh ho series that do 600 rms.??

Silver Member

Ohio Hmmm

Post Number: 342
well ask Phil if the daytons will fit in the box he has..
partsexpress.com is where the subs are if they will thats a good combo
as for amp is buy a mmats d1100.2 and watch the gains if for the hf series of those subs. the ho id get a mmats d1600.2.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 770
ok how much for teh mmats d1600.2? i hope not over 300. cuz that swhat he has for an amp. and i know mmats are expensive. anyways whats teh link fo rteh ho? series. cuz i know hell want the better sub.

Silver Member

Post Number: 439
I can check to say if the Daytons ( rss265hf-4 ) can fit the design that I have, however, that other enclosure that was posted up is entirely different from what I have, so, till the OP provides definitive measurements/dimensions of the area for the 2000 1500 chevy silverado under the seat.

However, that other customer provided a link to the enclosure in question which I was able to gleem some dimensional info from here:

http://www.audioenhancers.com/catalog_prod/gmc_gmx200.html
http://www.audioenhancers.com/catalog_prod/gmc_gmx120.html

As shown in the details if you scroll to the bottom of the pages, the dimension info is available with the exception of the Notched Areas on the bottom back of the enclosure's.

If I knew what they were as to there measurements/dimensions, I can figure out what the volume is and verify if the subwoofer will fit.

I can only do so much with the info available.

Silver Member

Ohio Hmmm

Post Number: 343
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=295-462 theres the link to the high output version of the 10" if i was him id get 2 of them and Mr.Salisbury's box..If they will work.. The mmats amp is more than $300 but you might be able to find a used one around that price

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 771
so the daytons wil soudn good sealed? ok yes woodlawn the link you gave looks just liek teh box he has right now. as for those susb wil they fit in teh box given in the link? can u figure that out for me plz. and kevin ar ethose susb dual 4 ohm or single? it dont say. and ill hav ehim pick a cheaper amp cuz for 300 bucks how can u beat 81001 mtx? if so let me know other kinds. thanx guys allot finally im gettign somewear thanx to you guys. id be lost if noone helped me on this. but if those susb wil fit in the box he has then he can keep it . but ported always sounded better to me

Silver Member

Ohio Hmmm

Post Number: 345
there single 4 ohms... Phils box is ported if those subs work with his box i suggest you get that box from him
and Phils answer to the question about your friends box
As shown in the details if you scroll to the bottom of the pages, the dimension info is available with the exception of the Notched Areas on the bottom back of the enclosure's.

If I knew what they were as to there measurements/dimensions, I can figure out what the volume is and verify if the subwoofer will fit.

I can only do so much with the info available.
So you still need the maesurments of the notched part if yopu can get that Phil can tell you

Silver Member

Post Number: 441
Michael,

OK, were gettin somewhere now.

Which box does he have as to the links I provided??

Next, which ever box it is, if you measure all the details of that box and post them here or e-mail them to me, then I can do an exact draft detail of the enclosure in Sketch UP and with that along with the dimensions of the subwoofer, I can determine if the subwoofer will or will not fit.

This means your going to have to take the box out the truck to take all the measurements and while the box is out of the truck, can you take some pictures of the area in the truck???

Silver Member

Post Number: 442
Sh!t, I forgot.

While the box is out of the truck, measure all the details of the floor area, especially the heights at the back and front with the seats in the down position.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 772
ok ill try to get him to get that box. but its 245 bucks lo. idk ill try. and what messaurem,nt of teh notched part? i dont understand what u mean. i know u need a messauremtn btu where? and i talked to him buying these ho dayton subs. but i read reveiew on the subs from othe rppl and they all sya there very impressing and get low . but the thing im worried is them blowing if we give them 1000 watts rms. everyone on teh reveiws say they gave them 450 rms and then another for 2 of them only gave 500 rms. wil they blow gettign 1000 to both of them?

Silver Member

Ohio Hmmm

Post Number: 346
are you still getting that mtx how many wats is it at 2 ohms.
given them 1000 watts rms to each yeah they will blow 500 watts rms to each they will be fine..

Silver Member

Ohio Hmmm

Post Number: 347
lol that amps fine at 2 ohms it does 1000 watts rms thats 500 rms to each sub

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 773
oh and woodlawn. yes this weekend i wil messure teh depth of teh area teh height and width but in teh center it goes up like a hill ill try to get pics of his install and of the area with the box out. and the height at the front and back i will mesure too. and if there single 4 ohms what can that be wired down to?

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 774
oh and woodlawn. yes this weekend i wil messure teh depth of teh area teh height and width but in teh center it goes up like a hill ill try to get pics of his install and of the area with the box out. and the height at the front and back i will mesure too. and if there single 4 ohms what can that be wired down to? and yes friday or saturday i wil get pics th eonly thign is if there too bgi how am i goan resize them an dshow u guys? i have no clue how to. wel anyways yes i can get pics.

Silver Member

Ohio Hmmm

Post Number: 349
2 ohms that mtx amp will work

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 775
the mtx 81001 is fine.? yes i meant 500 rms to each and 1000 to both put togethe rlol i aint dumb enough to put 1000 to each haha. but anyway scan u wire 2 4 ohm subs into 2 ohms? i cant remember

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 776
ok never mind yes u can wire 2 4 ohm susb into 2 ohms lol woops. ok yes that mtx amp will work. now i just gotta get pics of teh truck to see if these susb u guys recomended wil work in the box he has or if he should get a different box made.

Silver Member

Post Number: 443
OK, this thread is getting rather lengthly with all the info being traded back and forth, so, I'm going to break out to another topic thread dealing only with the enclosure, that way, all that info stays on topic without confusion.

Let me get some other matters taken care of and I'll get into the enclosure details, spec's and design stuff and post it up.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 777
remember these r teh susb he has so i know for a fcat these dayton subs will be 10 times better lol. but heres the link to teh susb he has and btw there way overrated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-KENWOOD-KFC-W2510-10-SUBWOOFER-CAR-AUDIO-SUB-800W_W0QQit emZ110087829707QQihZ001QQcategoryZ3291QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 779
ok sounds good woodlawn

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 780
woodlawn u make the new thread yet????????

Silver Member

Post Number: 445
Michael,

I'll be getting to it once I have everything done so there's no doubt as to what needs to happen as to all the questions asked for my end.

Ya gotta have alittle patience, that's all I'm asking.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us